Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Plates Incoming

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed The 3rd View Post
    Any chance of lvl IV steel comin in down the line?
    They aren't currently manufacturing lvl IV steel but if we have enough people ask about it we can bring it in later on down the line.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pure.black.xiii View Post
    I am VERY interested in a set!!! ...and I have 2 buddies who will most def also be interested in some too!!!

I am looking at level IV plates...provided they are coated/done right to deal with any "spalling"

Your two level IV options are...

"Aluminum Oxide Ceramic Level IV Shooters Cut" vs. "Silicon Carbide Ceramic Level IV Shooters Cut"

With the price being a little higher and the weight a little less on the silicon carbide ones...is there any real "pros and cons" between those 2 models vs saving a bit of weight for a bit more $$$?

Do any and/or both of these level IV plates require soft or trauma pads to be used behind them for the full level of protection?

I am looking for durability and toughness as #1!!!

Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing back and reading/seeing more on these plates!!!

Also what style of level IV plate where they testing in the video in your OP?
    We believe they are coated to deal with spalling, but before we make any promises we are going to test them in house to be sure. As mentioned by shawn the only real difference is the weight. You save a little bit of weight in exchange for the price tag being a bit larger. We would always recommend a trauma pad, but it isn't a necessity as all these plates are stand alone. Unless you are repeatedly dropping the plates on hard surfaces they will hold up to whatever you can throw at them. If you are looking for pure durability and looking less for the ability to take AP .30-06 we do recommend the UHMWPE and the steel plates, as both are much more resilient to drops and everyday wear.

Also in the video by Polenar we believe that he is using the Level IV Aluminum plates.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DDreadz View Post
    I second this! I'm having a difficult time choosing between the two, however I am more worried about the plates cracking with me using them for training as opposed to worrying about catching a few rounds. Though, I would still be purchasing it for personal protection.
    If you are more interested in avoiding cracking during training, the UHMWPE plates and steel plates trade off the additional protection for a bit more everyday durability, and the UHMWPE plate is incredibly light. But unless you are constantly smashing your plates into the ground, they should hold up just fine to training.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    They aren't currently manufacturing lvl IV steel but if we have enough people ask about it we can bring it in later on down the line.
    Fair enough, thanks!

BANNED
    We believe they are coated to deal with spalling, but before we make any promises we are going to test them in house to be sure. As mentioned by shawn the only real difference is the weight. You save a little bit of weight in exchange for the price tag being a bit larger. We would always recommend a trauma pad, but it isn't a necessity as all these plates are stand alone. Unless you are repeatedly dropping the plates on hard surfaces they will hold up to whatever you can throw at them. If you are looking for pure durability and looking less for the ability to take AP .30-06 we do recommend the UHMWPE and the steel plates, as both are much more resilient to drops and everyday wear.

Also in the video by Polenar we believe that he is using the Level IV Aluminum plates.
    That all sounds great, thank you!!!

Any plans to bring in trauma pads?

when are these suppose to be in country?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pure.black.xiii View Post
    That all sounds great, thank you!!!

Any plans to bring in trauma pads?
    We are glad you think so. We will not be bringing in trauma pads initially but we will definitely try and bring some in later on down the line. If you guys want trauma pads quickly we can work to bring those in quickly.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmwebs View Post
    when are these suppose to be in country?
    We will have them tested and up for order by the beginning of April. We will be bringing in the first shipment hopefully around the end of April to the beginning of May latest.

If you guys bring in steel level IV with a heavy anti spall coating they would likely be a hot seller given your current pricing!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We will have them tested and up for order by the beginning of April. We will be bringing in the first shipment hopefully around the end of April to the beginning of May latest.

Shawn