Page 38 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343536373839404142434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Plates Incoming

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnnO View Post
    I'm buying the plates for sure, and I also want a video to show the features of your plate carrier.
    The size seems a bit too big for me, even medium. Are they in stock now(the carrier?)
    We can try filming a video for the plate carrier. If you are in our area we can schedule a time where you can come down and check out the carrier yourself. It is fully adjustable, and what we can do is Skype or FaceTime you in and show you everything you might want to see about the plate carrier. We have several in stock now. Let us know if you would like us to do that and we can schedule something for you.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by benwilliam View Post
    Your level of communication continues to be outstanding. Thank you. I will look for your response here.

Also, ceramic in 11 x 14 would be of interest to make an informed purchasing decision.
    Sadly we haven’t gotten a response on our original request yet but we will send this question off as well and we should get both back to you at the same time.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Based on this thread I feel comfortable ordering the LVL IV without the NIJ cert knowing that it will be coming in the future.

to AIT this is how companies need to communicate with buyers

Order in, now I wait

Shawn
    We appreciate the trust you place in us. Based on the interest we will most certainly be send info the plates off for official testing as soon as we can. Also we love interacting with this community, you all are a pleasure to deal with and we love to talk about the things we all seem to share an interest in. If there’s anything else we can help you with do not hesitate to ask

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Also:

Shawn
    We will keep you update on the status of the shipment. What we have heard so far is that several items we have ordered are still being manufactured so the eta is around 40 calendar days as of probably Tuesday.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    UHMWPE are light weight but they are thick, usually over an inch to get to level 3. It is also ineffective against NATO ball. Making it to rate any more than what it is means wearing couple inches of plastic - there is a reason there isn't such thing as pure UHMWPE Level 4 or Level 3+, unless it is combined with ceramic.
    We can confirm that they are a little under an inch thick, but the weight does have trade offs, as the PE did have the worst backface deformation out of all the plates we tested. Does this mean that the weight savings do not offset the slightly diminished protection in your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    We can confirm that they are a little under an inch thick, but the weight does have trade offs, as the PE did have the worst backface deformation out of all the plates we tested. Does this mean that the weight savings do not offset the slightly diminished protection in your opinions?
    What he is saying is LVL IV is unachievable in a reasonable thickness that leaves the person wearing it able to still fight. Basically he said it better than I attempted to.

If it was achievable to get them to a similar thickness as other LVL IV options the slightly more back face deformation, as long as it still met NIJ standard, would be far outweighed by the advantages of it being lighter and IIRC buoyant etc.

Shawn

There is no such thing as UHMWPE only L4. The so called light weight L4 is a hybrid of UHMWPE and ceramic.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by benwilliam View Post
    Your level of communication continues to be outstanding. Thank you. I will look for your response here.

Also, ceramic in 11 x 14 would be of interest to make an informed purchasing decision.
    We have heard back and we can bring in the PE in 11x14, and from what we have heard so far there shouldn't be an increase in price. However we will need to bring in five pairs so if we can get one or two other people committed to buying them in that size we can most certainly bring them in.

Business Member
    We have received photos of the aluminum plates in production. For all of you who want to see what your ballistic plates look like as they’re being made without their covers...
    Name:  8C5BF495-816A-44FE-A3F7-06BCFE108FD4.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  26.3 KB

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    We have heard back and we can bring in the PE in 11x14, and from what we have heard so far there shouldn't be an increase in price. However we will need to bring in five pairs so if we can get one or two other people committed to buying them in that size we can most certainly bring them in.
    I pre ordered the standard size already but would swap for the 11x14 if they were available.