Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4555575859606162636465666768697071727375 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Plates Incoming

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaches View Post
    still no news on any multi curve plates coming in?
    Sadly not yet . However that all might change as we are working on bringing production back to canada.

I am back from the dead.

Got my plates and helmet so far so good. Any info on:

Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    We should be testing our sample plates in about two weeks. We will post the link to the video here once its ready. Also if the plates do sell well initially based on our testing we will endeavor to send the level IV plates for official NIJ testing in the US.
    Yes we are. Its a much more complicated process than what we just did so we needed to know if we had enough volume to justify it. However we here are now very comfortable in selling the level IV as we have seen how it has held up, so depending on how sales of everything will go then we will send them off to get officially tested.
    Did we sell enough for NIJ?

Full disclosure I did have an issue with my helmet. The velcro used is obviously not 3m and the adhesive is not great. It would come unglued at temps around 22C. Not really an issue for me as I am using a helmet cover and I never contacted ATI about it. Just something to be aware of if you plan on running anything heavy or expensive attached to the vlecro. You can pick up 3m ops core replacement velcro for pretty cheap if you are planning that. Or dummy cord it.

I also had an issue with my peltor rail adapters, but I think that my have been stacking intolerances as I did buy cheap ones on ebay. So the helmet rails are a little out of spec and the adapters are a little out of spec cause some dremel use.

All in all, assuming we eventually get the NIJ reports for the IV plates and the price, they get:

Shawn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Hmmmm!!! I just placed my order and will be paying today for a package set of armour.....hope it’s not junk!
    I didn’t realize the plates weren’t nij approved yet!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    I am back from the dead.

Full disclosure I did have an issue with my helmet. The velcro used is obviously not 3m and the adhesive is not great. It would come unglued at temps around 22C. Not really an issue for me as I am using a helmet cover and I never contacted ATI about it. Just something to be aware of if you plan on running anything heavy or expensive attached to the vlecro. You can pick up 3m ops core replacement velcro for pretty cheap if you are planning that. Or dummy cord it.

I also had an issue with my peltor rail adapters, but I think that my have been stacking intolerances as I did buy cheap ones on ebay. So the helmet rails are a little out of spec and the adapters are a little out of spec cause some dremel use.

All in all, assuming we eventually get the NIJ reports for the IV plates and the price, they get:

Shawn

Its good to have you back. We actually did. We are getting them back in the next couple of days. Thank you for the kind words however we are sorry to hear about the problems, if its a serious issue for you feel free to email us or send us a pm and we can find a way to remedy the situation the best we can.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Please post some pictures of your helmet and the gear if you don’t mind.
    I am back from the dead.

Shawn
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    Hmmmm!!! I just placed my order and will be paying today for a package set of armour.....hope it’s not junk!
    I didn’t realize the plates weren’t nij approved yet!
    In our showroom we keep all the plates we tested in house to show potential customers, and if any of you are interested in coming by and checking them out we would love to have you. We have tested the plates ourselves to the specifications listed on the NIJ certification documents, we are just waiting to get the official NIJ testing report back.

show room aside (which i love that you guys do that), will these be getting NIJ certification?
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    show room aside (which i love that you guys do that), will these be getting NIJ certification?
    We are going to still try and get certification. All our plates will be officially tested but we will carry one hard armor level 4 and one soft armor that will be fully certified. That is our plan moving forward. While we would like to get every plate we have certified but that would cost us almost half a million US dollars, and as of right now we cant afford that, but we are working on getting them done one by one.

Its good to have you back. We actually did. We are getting them back in the next couple of days. Thank you for the kind words however we are sorry to hear about the problems, if its a serious issue for you feel free to email us or send us a pm and we can find a way to remedy the situation the best we can.
    No worries, thanks. Like I said I am using a helmet cover so its a non issue for me

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    Please post some pictures of your helmet and the gear if you don’t mind.
    I can if you like, but they are literally as described and identical to the pics ATI provided in the thread. I can take pics of something specific if you would like.

Obviously I cant speak to the actual bullet stoppyness, but insofar as initial build quality I can say the plates are the same if not better than ones I have seen and used from the government.

And for the helmet Like posted above the velcro is obviously knockoff, and my rails may or may not be out of spec, but again its a knockoff. Its a know quantity and we seem to be getting a lot for the price we are paying. The NV shroud I cant really say either way about as I no longer have access to the gear to test it. That being said personally if I was going to be hanging $10k of NV off it I would buy a wilcox or equivalent shroud for piece of mind. Using it for gopro or other cameras etc I would have no worries about it.

There is an obvious quality difference between this and legit ops-core, but we all know this and its a given since we are not paying $1500 for it.

So far, I have yet to actually use it long term obviously, I am happy with what I got at the price we got it. Let me know if this helps or hinders you LOL or if you want to know/see something specific

And full, snowflake, libtard, nazi, fascist or what SJW boogieman of the day is, disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with ATI and purchased this stuff with my own dirty capitalist hard earned money. :Cheers:

Shawn

Business Member
    No worries, thanks. Like I said I am using a helmet cover so its a non issue for me

I can if you like, but they are literally as described and identical to the pics ATI provided in the thread. I can take pics of something specific if you would like.

Obviously I cant speak to the actual bullet stoppyness, but insofar as initial build quality I can say the plates are the same if not better than ones I have seen and used from the government.

And for the helmet Like posted above the velcro is obviously knockoff, and my rails may or may not be out of spec, but again its a knockoff. Its a know quantity and we seem to be getting a lot for the price we are paying. The NV shroud I cant really say either way about as I no longer have access to the gear to test it. That being said personally if I was going to be hanging $10k of NV off it I would buy a wilcox or equivalent shroud for piece of mind. Using it for gopro or other cameras etc I would have no worries about it.

There is an obvious quality difference between this and legit ops-core, but we all know this and its a given since we are not paying $1500 for it.

So far, I have yet to actually use it long term obviously, I am happy with what I got at the price we got it. Let me know if this helps or hinders you LOL or if you want to know/see something specific

And full, snowflake, libtard, nazi, fascist or what SJW boogieman of the day is, disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with ATI and purchased this stuff with my own dirty capitalist hard earned money. :Cheers:

Shawn
    Hey shawn, we actually really appreciate the honest review, would you allow us to show this review to potential customers as an example of both the pros and the cons of our product?