Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Plates Incoming

CGN frequent flyer
    What part of foot LBS. per square inch do you people not understand? That impact over such a small frontal area will kill you! With those plates!

Quote Originally Posted by 220 View Post
    What part of foot LBS. per square inch do you people not understand? That impact over such a small frontal area will kill you! With those plates!
    Are you high?
    I am a kit hor(der)

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 220 View Post
    We are not entirely sure what you are trying to ask, however what we believe you are trying to say is that when a ballistic plate is struck by a projectile the force is transferred over the surface of the plate and that the force even though somewhat dissipated is still going to cause severe trauma if not death. Are we correct in this assumption?

If that is the case you are partially correct. Even with a ballistic plate while the bullet might not penetrate, the force of that is enough to causes severe bruising and potentially even cracked or broken ribs depending on the type of projectile. For example a .30-06 will no doubt hurt like a ##### and will probably break some ribs. Without any context broken ribs and severe pain is not a positive outcome, yet when compared with the alternative of the round passing right through you this is a trade off that most people would accept. We can not deny that there is a chance that when you get shot in the chest while wearing a ballistic plate you may die however the odds of survival are much higher than if you where shot without any form of protection. This is the case with all ballistic plates. If we have gotten anything wrong please let us know and we will try to address your concerns the best we can.

Business Member
    Photos will be posted of all the plates tonight.

Business Member
    Steel Plate
    Name:  IMG_1499.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  88.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_1500.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  77.0 KB
    Both side have a fabric covering, and has what seems like a thin spall liner. These plates also have built in padding on the back. We honestly think these are some of the nicest steel plates we have ever handled.

Aluminum Oxide Level III
    Name:  IMG_1503.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  82.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1504.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  70.9 KB

Aluminum Oxide Level IV
    Name:  IMG_1501.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  88.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1502.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  71.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Business Member
    UHMWPE Level III
    Name:  IMG_1495.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  84.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1496.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  83.7 KB
    These plates come without a fabric covering with a rather shiny plastic non slip coating. If you guys want we can ask them if they can ship the plates with a fabric covering instead.

Silicon Carbide
    Name:  IMG_1493.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  89.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1494.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  85.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1497.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  82.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_1498.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  79.8 KB

If you have any comments or questions based on these images please do let us know. We are currently working on getting them tested and will update you as things progress. We will also be beginning our preorders by the beginning of next week.
    Last edited by AITacticalSolutions; 03-19-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Damn.....at that price for the steel, I was NOT expecting that.

Lost my job yesterday so I wont be making an immediate order unfortunately.....but hopefully soon.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 03-19-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Ok im waiting the pre order for the steel one !

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Damn.....at that price for the steel, I was NOT expecting that.

Photos not working in the second post.

Lost my job yesterday so I wont be making an immediate order unfortunately.....but hopefully soon.
    We're sorry to hear about that. We wish you the best of luck in the future and we will do our best to hold onto a pair of plates for you. Also were just checking to see if we have fixed the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    We're sorry to hear about that. We wish you the best of luck in the future and we will do our best to hold onto a pair of plates for you. Also were just checking to see if we have fixed the photos.
    Appreciate it. Election is next month, so here's to optimism!

Photos looks awesome.
    I am a kit hor(der)