Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 50606263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Plates Incoming

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbum Man View Post
    Order in! How well packaged are the ceramic plates for shipping, I dont have an xray machine readily available to check for cracks lol.
    All our plates are drop safe and have built-in foam padding on the edges and on the strike face of the plate. We generally ship the ceramic plates in a bubble wrap pouch and depending on the size of the box we may add some more bubble to fill up the empty space.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbum Man View Post
    Order in! How well packaged are the ceramic plates for shipping, I dont have an xray machine readily available to check for cracks lol.
    My friend Mikes were very well packaged in a good box.
    *Exchange offers expire within 24hrs*

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    All our plates are drop safe and have built-in foam padding on the edges and on the strike face of the plate. We generally ship the ceramic plates in a bubble wrap pouch and depending on the size of the box we may add some more bubble to fill up the empty space.
    Beauty, thanks for the quick response

I've seen plates selling out fast, waited too long to pull the trigger last night. I see that some are on back order, and I'm guessing more recent out of stock will take a while given the current situation?
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I've seen plates selling out fast, waited too long to pull the trigger last night. I see that some are on back order, and I'm guessing more recent out of stock will take a while given the current situation?
    For the level 4 plates we will have them back in stock next thursday. As for the other plates the soonest we will have more in is in another week after that so around two weeks from today.

Thanks , that's not bad!
    For the level 4 plates we will have them back in stock next thursday. As for the other plates the soonest we will have more in is in another week after that so around two weeks from today.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Are these still the chinese plates? I know you mentioned that you were looking at american sources who could match the pricing. (Doesnt make much difference to me, just curious.)
    I am a kit hor(der)

Aluminum Oxide Ceramic Level IV Shooters Cut
    Weight: 2.7kg
    Size 25x30cm
    Price per Pair: 399.99
    Silicon Carbide Ceramic Level IV Shooters Cut
    Weight: 2.4kg
    Size 25x30cm
    Price per Pair: 499.99

What is the difference between LIV Silicon Carbide Ceramic and Aluminum Oxide Ceramic?

Besides the $100 price and 0.3kg weight?

Is one more durable? Thinkness? Both Multihit?

Thanks

LM

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Are these still the chinese plates? I know you mentioned that you were looking at american sources who could match the pricing. (Doesnt make much difference to me, just curious.)
    Yes they still are. Turns out they couldn't match the price but we are looking into some next generation made in Canada plates in the near future. We will keep all of you updated on any developments.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    What is the difference between LIV Silicon Carbide Ceramic and Aluminum Oxide Ceramic?

Besides the $100 price and 0.3kg weight?

Is one more durable? Thinkness? Both Multihit?

Thanks

LM
    The main difference is the weight. You save about a pound per pair going with the silicon carbide but you have to pay a little extra for the decrease in weight. Both are equally durable and multihit. As to the thickness, the Silicon carbide is a little thinner than the Aluminum Oxide. Let me know fi you have any other questions that I can assist you with.