Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Holy Grail" Debate

Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    I have bought quite a few, sold less. One i sold was apparently a lot of peoples unicorn gun. My inbox got swamped, 30+ messages and i will take its in 2 hours. I sold it to the first guy, his pm was 4 mins from my posting.

Remington 600 350 rem mag, with the multi colored laminate stock. One mark about the size of a grain of rice.
    Would have bought that in a heartbeat!
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK OR FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

Ph: 604 874 4710 Fax: 604 874 4712
    Toll Free 1 800 407 5224
    3227 Fraser Street • Vancouver • BC • V5V 4B8
    Hours of Store: Tuesday - Friday 9 - 5:30 PM
    Saturday 9 - 5 PM
    EMAIL: orders@reliablegun.com
    http://www.reliablegun.com

Full Line direct dealer for
    Remington, Marlin, Browning, Bushnell, Tikka, Sako, Beretta, Benelli, Savage Arms, Ruger, NightForce, Trijicon, PWS, Nikon, Kel-Tec, Fenix Flashlights, Kent Cartridges and MANY MORE

CGN frequent flyer Dukeoflawnchair's Avatar
    I do admit to being a bit in love with Rob's rifle there, but I honestly find that my pretty blued / wood stocked guns usually end up sitting in the safe when I go hunting. I know I do a lot of walking (I'm a forester by profession) and I push sticks more than most people do, so I usually default to something stainless and synthetic for my hunting setup. I've always felt really bad scuffing up a nice wood stock, or not having a good opportunity to clean a nicely blued gun when it's -35 out, etc.

While I've been happy with every Remington / Kimber / Winchester / Ruger / Sako / Tikka that I've had over the years, none of them really fit the "Grail" category.

My current "Grail" build criteria:

-> High end action, CRF
    -> Caliber with enough horsepower to be effective for the game and distance that I want, but not overkill. (I'll probably settle on 300wm or 338wm)
    -> Heavy enough to not have horrible recoil, light enough to be mobile, no muzzle brake. (Loud noise makes me flinch)
    -> Good trigger, good synthetic stock that fits me, well put together, etc.

I'm going with a Defiance Deviant CRF action and a Krieger stainless #19 barrel. Triggertech trigger.

Untitled by Dukeoflawnchair, on Flickr
    /¯¯l¯¯[_\__\],
    l¯¯ l¯¯¯¯L-O|||||O_
    ¯()_)¯¯¯¯()_)¯¯¯()_)

"If Plan A is to take multiple .338 shots to the back, you really need to come up with a Plan B." -unknown response

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 02-23-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

What rifle? ...love the fullstocks
    "My idea of gun control is keeping guns from bad people." - captain obvious

Quite few years ago I decided to start seriously looking for my dream rifle. It was a Ruger #1 full stock in 7x57. I hadn't seen many for sale and figured it would take months if not years to find.
    Lo and behold the first time I went on the ee to look there it was, the first rifle listed. Needless to say my search was over almost before it began.
    I have never regretted that purchase. Next to my father's hunting rifle that I now have it is still my favorite go to hunting gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reliablegun View Post
    Would have bought that in a heartbeat!
    I got soured on it, after a long search for ammo, brass, dies, projectile. 9 months in and hadn't shot it. I also have a old thread about too pretty to risk using guns, and was clearing out safe queens at the time.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

My ideal hunting rifle would be a stainless morgan utah winchester model 70 short action with a proof or hardy carbon fibre wrapped barrel chambered in .260 remington sitting in a featherweight or wildcat composite stock.
    I can shoot a gun to make my lunch

Uber Super GunNutz DANCESWITHEMPTIES's Avatar
    Already got a whack of dream rifles in my collection. But today if you told me I could only have one hunting rifle, I figure I'd be looking for a .338 Win. Mag or .375 H&H. In semi auto with one he77 of an effective light weight muzzle break. Optics would be a 4 to 14x power with back up iron sights. Maybe over kill to some, but it would kill all critters on the planet!
    The key to accuracy is to shoot first & call whatever you hit the target...

If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made by prolonging the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but if it isn't made by H&K, it ain't sh*t.

My Steyr Scout with 2.5 Leopold is about as close to a grail that I own.
    My Marlin 336 Texan is close

Quote Originally Posted by Maple57 View Post
    Aw C'mon

What a bunch of Fudds

How about a 30 round mag AR with co witnessed flip up irons and a red dot like I ran with naked and unafraid in the 80s?
    Man do I wish!
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast