Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WK180-C Brass Deflector

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

WK180-C Brass Deflector

RWA has built a brass deflector into their 7.62x39 and Blackout uppers. People on Wolverine's forum shown pictures of improvised brass deflectors, and one fellow even started selling 3D-printed ones on an individual-to-individual basis. Would RWA be able to provide a similar part for the WK-180C? Thanks!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    RWA has built a brass deflector into their 7.62x39 and Blackout uppers. People on Wolverine's forum shown pictures of improvised brass deflectors, and one fellow even started selling 3D-printed ones on an individual-to-individual basis. Would RWA be able to provide a similar part for the WK-180C? Thanks!
    Well the answer to that is actually pretty complex....

As you mentioned there is someone doing 3d printed ones, so there is an option for people, and we don't want to cut into his potential market...we need more people making parts, not less. So our recommendation would be to try him first.

As to us making one...we do not have a 3d printer here to do something similar (even if we wanted to). As our mandate would be to engineer it out to the best of our ability, and to be able to be installed on any WK180C, regardless of differing sizes due to tolerance allowances....it would mean that any version that we designed (and we have tossed it around) would have to be made as a two piece aluminum add-on that would probably come in around the $100 MSRP mark. Our thought on that is that it would be cost prohibitive for people to buy, and would probably not sell.

We are open to feedback on it though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RWA-Sales View Post
    Well the answer to that is actually pretty complex....

As you mentioned there is someone doing 3d printed ones, so there is an option for people, and we don't want to cut into his potential market...we need more people making parts, not less. So our recommendation would be to try him first.

As to us making one...we do not have a 3d printer here to do something similar (even if we wanted to). As our mandate would be to engineer it out to the best of our ability, and to be able to be installed on any WK180C, regardless of differing sizes due to tolerance allowances....it would mean that any version that we designed (and we have tossed it around) would have to be made as a two piece aluminum add-on that would probably come in around the $100 MSRP mark. Our thought on that is that it would be cost prohibitive for people to buy, and would probably not sell.

We are open to feedback on it though.
    Thank you for the response!

I have tried to contact the individual that is currently making them, with no reply at this time.

It's a sweet piece actually. It doubles as a dust cover as well.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 02-26-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Tactical Sheep has a video of his 3d printed brass deflector test on Instagram, which he has direct-sold to people on this forum. Perhaps someone can post is Canadiangunnutz user name so you can message him, as I couldn't find it in a casual search. Perhaps if a sample meets RWA's level of quality, you could partner with him to sell a small run of them. It might save him time having to send one parcel to RWA instead of 20 different parcels to individual WK owners I could see people buying this at the same time as a bolt catch/release and take down pin, and it would be light enough have a negligible effect on the shipping cost for RWA.

I want one of these as well. I have tried emailing the maker buy haven't got any reply either.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by True_North View Post
    I want one of these as well. I have tried emailing the maker buy haven't got any reply either.
    I found an updated Instagram post from Tactical Sheep, regarding his last sold out run at the beginning of February. On another thread, someone stated his Canadian Gun Nutz handle is drift117. You may want to message him from the forum. From that same thread, someone said he is looking at performing some design changes based on feedback prior to doing another run.

Anyone know how much he's selling for? Or if he'd sell the 3d model if we promise not to share? I have access to a printer. .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RLeeErmey View Post
    Anyone know how much he's selling for? Or if he'd sell the 3d model if we promise not to share? I have access to a printer. .
    Looks like new runs 50CAD plus 2$ to ship.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast