CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Hi point carbine NR

  1. #1
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NW Ontario
    Posts
    188

    Hi point carbine NR

    Any update on these?

    See it still says march on your website.

    Would have posted in other thread but it's still locked.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,921
    Barrels are still been sourced for these before they can complete the guns.

  3. #3
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NW Ontario
    Posts
    188
    Still in the works then, thanks for the answer

  4. #4
    Youth Group Leader gallen270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    albert county, new brunswick
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Barrels are still been sourced for these before they can complete the guns.
    I know it takes time, but please weigh on them for some 10mm ones eventually.

  5. #5
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Port Moody
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by gallen270 View Post
    I know it takes time, but please weigh on them for some 10mm ones eventually.
    I believe the 10mm would be subject to 5rd mag limit, as they don't make a 10mm handgun. The 9mm is also limited to 5... =(

    I'd take a 40sw or 45acp just for the higher magazine capacity.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

  6. #6
    CGN frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Trent Hill
    Posts
    1,528
    Couple years ago someone {on here}offered me a NR one. They said it cost allot & got a custom barrel made. I should have traded for it at the time. Guess there may be some floating around out there already? I'd def. grab one if the price was reasonable.

  7. #7
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Port Moody
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Couple years ago someone {on here}offered me a NR one. They said it cost allot & got a custom barrel made. I should have traded for it at the time. Guess there may be some floating around out there already? I'd def. grab one if the price was reasonable.
    They had NR length 9mm carbines at shot show this year. No word on any other calibers though.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

  8. #8
    CGN frequent flyer hatman1793's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    No more Prime Ministers from Quebec!
    Posts
    1,651
    The High Point guys don’t realize what a gold mine they could have if they added a few inches of barrel to make their products non restricted.
    High Point already has the production line in many calibers and pistol caliber carbines are “hot” sellers right now.

    Get with the freakin program HP already!!!
    "In all history, before socialism can happen, the self-reliant people and their tools of freedom have to go." Ronnie Barrett. M82A1/M107.

  9. #9
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Port Moody
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by hatman1793 View Post
    The High Point guys don’t realize what a gold mine they could have if they added a few inches of barrel to make their products non restricted.
    High Point already has the production line in many calibers and pistol caliber carbines are “hot” sellers right now.

    Get with the freakin program HP already!!!
    The one downside I see is the fact that they don't use glock mags (that's a big deal for some) and that we can't get 10rd mags for 9mm or 10mm.

    I've been trying to get NR length carbines out of them for years. I've emailed them a few times, and even gone into their forums to see if they will do it. Now they're doing it but I'm not sure how popular the 9mm will be due to the 5rd mag limit, which might convince them we're not interested in other options either.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

  10. #10
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Leaning Right
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    The one downside I see is the fact that they don't use glock mags (that's a big deal for some) and that we can't get 10rd mags for 9mm or 10mm.

    I've been trying to get NR length carbines out of them for years. I've emailed them a few times, and even gone into their forums to see if they will do it. Now they're doing it but I'm not sure how popular the 9mm will be due to the 5rd mag limit, which might convince them we're not interested in other options either.
    There’s a YouTube video showing the Canadian version prototype with a shorter grip to use a new high point pistol mag from a newer Hi-Point pistol. So, should be ten rounds.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •