Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Project 958" - WAS a Unique Opportunity.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    So they were built by Cz?
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Quote Originally Posted by CTomz View Post
    Does this mean that the 958 is definitely not being produced in the future, and these 2 are non restricted? If so I could only imagine these are REALLY good investments
    Yes and No. It's all depend on how much you like 7.62 x 39, I do like that but nowadays there are many choices.

Again, they are beautiful rifles, not a bad idea to have a unique one but not great for investment though.

Keep them, get Kodiak to make them for you and cut CZ out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    So they were built by Cz?
    They are "designed" by CZ according to the picture of the rifles. I am also curious who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    Keep them, get Kodiak to make them for you and cut CZ out of the equation.
    It's designed by CZ..otherwise they would have went the Kodiak route a long time ago.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    Are they not sold yet??
    8 Months ago when I was rolling in cash I would of picked one up. But now im a broke pimp so no new toys for me.

The fact they are not keeping them is also intriguing me.

I’m pretty sure John designed it based on what him and the Canadian gunnies felt we wanted......but as to who manufactured these 2 is my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    They are "designed" by CZ according to the picture of the rifles. I am also curious who made them.

It's designed by CZ..otherwise they would have went the Kodiak route a long time ago.

Bfiles will buy them both!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    8 Months ago when I was rolling in cash I would of picked one up. But now im a broke pimp so no new toys for me.

The fact they are not keeping them is also intriguing me.

The CZ 958 was manufactured by Bruno, a subsidery of CZ, I visited the factory in person to finalise
    details of the design. If I remember correctly the first two hand built rifles were destroyed durring development, number three was a success the rifle I examined when I visited, and numbers four and five were shipped to us, these were sent to the RCMP SFSS for classification and FRT and these are the two offered for sale. As far as I am concerned they are offered at half price!

The RCMP SFSS took four years + to approve the design. DFAIT would not issue an import Cert with out an FRT, all policy not law! By the time the FRT was approved the factory was producing the EVO 3 and the surplus CZ rifles required for parts had dried up! So dispite Wolverine having a PO for several thousand rifles with CZ we had been out maneuvered and the project died. Yes it is possible it (CZ 958) could be revisited but I seriously doubt it, that is why I put my energies into the WK180-C. To build a new CZ958 with all new parts would be cost prohibited and in our current political climate a gamble I would not be prepaired to take. Sadly we decided to sell our two samples, they represent a "failed" project! But not because of our lack of trying.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-01-2019 at 01:01 AM.

Those are pretty darn reasonable prices for once off prototype guns. Surprised they didn't sell instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    Those are pretty darn reasonable prices for once off prototype guns. Surprised they didn't sell instantly.
    So am I, in my humble opinion they are offered at half price, but then what do I know!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast