Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few pics from Easthill Range Open House 2019

A few pics from Easthill Range Open House 2019

Had a great time at my second Easthill Range Open House! I think the format of this one was a bit different than last year insofar as you had to buy your ammo and could then shoot it in as many guns as you like. IMHO this works better than paying a set amount for a set number of tickets for a set number of rounds through a set number of guns. At the end of my visit I still had ammo left and brought it home for next time…cant really do that with unused tickets!

As with my last visit, I decided to browse the store a bit before hitting the range. Also, as I reported in my last review, the M9A3 is my favourite Beretta and this was my first time seeing the black version. I like it but I think I still prefer the tan.

I have noticed that CZ is putting out more limited editions lately and the finish on this Shadow Canada was spectacular (not sure my pics do it justice)

Equally spectacular was the 75th Anniversary Anthropoid, with price to match!

Not to be outdone, the Sig P226 X-Six Super Match, yours for just another $350 on top of the CZ

Finally, a Kriss Vector in arctic camo

Ok on to the range…where I was happy to run into my friend from Beretta…

I was jealous that she got to go to SHOT show

And equally jealous of her Beretta shooting shoes!! I have been looking for these for 2-3 years now and have yet to find a pair (and I certainly don’t like being out-shoed lol).

I have shot both the M9A3 and the APX before but it was nice to do so back to back…I still prefer the M9A3.

Glass dividers allow for nice pics

Believe it or not, I have never shot a Shadow 2 but I hear soooooo much about them that I just had to try one. Yup, shoots great! Very accurate…I would say the reputation is well deserved.

Also my first time shooting the P226 Legion with SAO trigger…also a great shooter.

My target after the CZ and Sig

I finished with the Kris Vector. Last time I shot one it had a Gemtech suppressor so I wanted to try it without a can. It was better than I remembered.

On my way out I ran into the head of the Complaint Department on his way to “talk” to another customer.

As for me, no complaints…not even the time it took to get through downtown Toronto traffic. The crew at Easthill are super friendly and there was a great selection of guns on the line. Next time I may not come home with extra ammo lol.

RL
    Last edited by RL1; 03-04-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Awesome pics and great looking hoodie!

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
    Awesome pics and great looking hoodie!
    I thought the same thing. I had a great time last night, met some very nice staff and range members. The Sig Sauer Tread was a treat to shoot.

CGN Regular
    It was a blast.
    ɹɐǝןɔ ǝɯoɔǝq sbuıɥʇ 'ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ɹnoʎ ǝbuɐɥɔ noʎ uǝɥʍ
    Galwiththeguns

Nice range!
    Take the red pill.

Wow look this range, super clean !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Very nice looking range there.

How is the heat, ventilation, etc?

"Clean" was the word i used to describe it in my initial review...if you want to see more pics of the range and store, check it out here

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...Range-Demo-Day

heat/ventilation is good and the electronic retriever system is cool..it has a digital screen and you pick your distance and then the target flies out automatically...also returns home automatically (no need to keep holding a button). My only comment would be to perhaps add more sound deadening material..not sure if it was an illusion or the fact that we were firing AR15s indoor but both visits it seemed a bit louder....in fairness, the first time my electronic hearing pro ran out of batteries and i was wearing a new set this time around.

RL
    Last edited by RL1; 03-03-2019 at 02:57 PM.

I had a great time myself. I didn't realize you were a member of CGN at the time RL1. We spoke about the Beretta reps shoes briefly. It was nice speaking with you as well Ben-Kenobi. Overall the open house was great. They even had really great deals on ammo as well.

I stopped into the store on my way to Peterborough for my sons hockey tournament this weekend. Very clean and well organized store, good pricing and super friendly people working there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast