Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnetospeed Chronographs on sale

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar

Magnetospeed Chronographs on sale

We have a fresh order of Magnetospeed Chronographs on our shelves. We are leaving our introductory sale pricing in effect for the time being.
    There have been many reviews of this chrony on some of our other CGN threads but feel free to give us a review on this thread.
    https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...y/magnetospeed
    Name:  magneto logo .jpg
Views: 2609
Size:  34.8 KB

Order the sporter model and XFR. Shipping was quick, order was easy.

Got setup way faster then friends with light gate style chrono's. Even a little quicker than a LabRadar in my opinion. Fit on my heavy barrel .308 no problem, cleared the ATRS muzzle break easily.

Out of ~60 rounds I had 1 error where it did not pick up the velocity. May have been my fault as I was clicking the button prior to and might not have set it back to the proper screen (Never read the instructions, that's how easy it is to setup!)

Doubt I'll ever use the XFR, when ordering I thought my phone would plug directly into the bayonet and display/log velocities. All it does is download the data from the little box. If you're a note taker, not that much use.

9/10. If they upgrade the app somehow so you can actively recieve with a phone/tablet would be a 10/10!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpingravel View Post
    Order the sporter model and XFR. Shipping was quick, order was easy.

Got setup way faster then friends with light gate style chrono's. Even a little quicker than a LabRadar in my opinion. Fit on my heavy barrel .308 no problem, cleared the ATRS muzzle break easily.

Out of ~60 rounds I had 1 error where it did not pick up the velocity. May have been my fault as I was clicking the button prior to and might not have set it back to the proper screen (Never read the instructions, that's how easy it is to setup!)

Doubt I'll ever use the XFR, when ordering I thought my phone would plug directly into the bayonet and display/log velocities. All it does is download the data from the little box. If you're a note taker, not that much use.

9/10. If they upgrade the app somehow so you can actively recieve with a phone/tablet would be a 10/10!
    Thank you for the review. This question was posed to Magnetospeed a couple weeks ago - here is their reply.

"The XFR is actually going through a lot of work right now, and the app is getting totally redone. I don't believe it will work with the Sony Xperia as of now, but after the update it may. The problem is with the way we communicate with the device, it's not because of software it doesn't work, but because of certain hardware features in the phone. That can't be tested without physically having each phone in hand, or until a customer tries it. The same goes for the tablets. It works with all the recent iOS devices, but the Androids are a little more up in the air."

Free freight on orders of $300 or more to anywhere in Canada on non explosive orders.

Great product on sale.

For more product reviews go to one of our other MagnetoSpeed threads - there have been quite a few left by other customers.

See the reviews on some of our other threads. Feel free to leave a review here.

Yes - these are in stock on our shelves.

We are bringing the V3 and the Sporter to the Calgary Easter Gun Show.

I am still deciding if I should get the V3 or the sporter, not sure the added features worth the almost doubled price tag (that is almost 4x more expensive than a regular chrono)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast