Thread: Restricted transfer only after gun ban?

BANNED

Restricted transfer only after gun ban?

I bought an AR-15 the other day from an online retailer.

The transfer has not gone through yet, but I have confirmed with the store that the ball is now in the CFC's court for the transfer.

What would happen if the transfer only goes through after Justin announces the planned ban?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

CGN Regular
    Usually its time of sale so you should be ok but dont take my word !

Quote Originally Posted by Pete001 View Post
    I bought an AR-15 the other day from an online retailer.

The transfer has not gone through yet, but I have confirmed with the store that the ball is now in the CFC's court for the transfer.

What would happen if the transfer only goes through after Justin announces the planned ban?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    My guess is that it becomes a prohibited item and it is the responsibility of whoever happens to be in possession of it to hand it over to the RCMP.

CGN frequent flyer CaptainPhillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    My guess is that it becomes a prohibited item and it is the responsibility of whoever happens to be in possession of it to hand it over to the RCMP.
    Wrong! If it is done under an OIC, it then becomes a prohibited item and the current owner is now required to be grandfathered into the new class of prohibs that cover this reclassification.
    Confirmed as forum Captain Obvious by Woodchopper

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPhillips View Post
    Wrong! If it is done under an OIC, it then becomes a prohibited item and the current owner is now required to be grandfathered into the new class of prohibs that cover this reclassification.
    I have ben hearing this alot latly but before people use to say they where no more provision to create grandfathered class?

CGN frequent flyer CaptainPhillips's Avatar
    There is provision in the act to create new classes of prohibited firearms and owners of those new prohibs will be "grandfathered", but only for their classification; there is no provision for creating new licenced owners of the currently existing prohibited class firearms, except through inheritance by a blood relative. Yes, it is a stupid, cumbersome system, but then it was created by politicians to function as a delayed confiscation.

PS. That is the current law, as written. Our current government has demonstrated a particular fondness for ignoring laws that they find inconvenient.
    Last edited by CaptainPhillips; 06-01-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    Confirmed as forum Captain Obvious by Woodchopper

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    I have ben hearing this alot latly but before people use to say they where no more provision to create grandfathered class?
    C71 had to introduce the power of new grandfatherings (is that even a word? Lol) to make the cz858 and SAN rifles prohib but still allow the owners to keep them (or to not have to deal with a buy back, whatever version you prefer). So NOW they can grandfather stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPhillips View Post
    Grandfathering is not required by any means. It is simply an option they can take to avoid having to confiscate. If they want to prohib and confiscate they absolutely can.
    Last edited by Suther; 06-01-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.