CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Firedragon barrels?

  1. #1
    GunNutz Tengoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fed Riding of Calgary Confederation
    Posts
    1,955

    Firedragon barrels?

    I'm in the market for an extended 357Sig barrel for my new P229, and unless SIG is keeping such a thing secret, it looks like my only source is FireDragon. Can I order from them through IRunGuns?

    Later edit: I gather that Sig makes, or did make, a threaded.357 barrel for the 229. Any source for that?
    Last edited by Tengoo; 03-15-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

  2. #2
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengoo View Post
    I'm in the market for an extended 357Sig barrel for my new P229, and unless SIG is keeping such a thing secret, it looks like my only source is FireDragon. Can I order from them through IRunGuns?
    Last I checked at the end of 2018 EFK didnt have an export permit. I hightly doubt they will go and get one before the new export regs are finalized.
    Il messanger non importante

  3. #3
    GunNutz Tengoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fed Riding of Calgary Confederation
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Last I checked at the end of 2018 EFK didnt have an export permit. I hightly doubt they will go and get one before the new export regs are finalized.
    No, but doesn't IRunGuns bring stuff across the border? Isn't this the whole point of the Canada/USA import link?
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

  4. #4
    Big Mouth SigWig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,199
    delete
    Last edited by SigWig; 03-16-2019 at 12:13 AM.

  5. #5
    Big Mouth sky52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,472
    They aren't registered with the DoS so they cannot be exported

  6. #6
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengoo View Post
    No, but doesn't IRunGuns bring stuff across the border? Isn't this the whole point of the Canada/USA import link?
    Yes, but they cant bring in just anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    They aren't registered with the DoS so they cannot be exported
    There is your answer!
    Il messanger non importante

  7. #7
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ottawa Valley <-> Cody, WY
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    They aren't registered with the DoS so they cannot be exported
    Are you sure? Questar was bringing in their barrels at one time and they wouldn't have been able to do that without the registration...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •