Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deal Alert Norinco !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trevj View Post
    Yeah, I tend to watch the Browning Semi's on the EE, and if grelmar can buy them at that price, he can quit his day job and live off the profits of reselling them for what they actually sell for.

Both the ones I did got a very slight radius added to the top of the chamber, as they were both shaving a huge chunk off the bullet when feeding, and quite often, that chunk didn't separate, causing a feed jam.
    That work was the totality of the fettling that was done.

For a quarter or less of the retail price of the originals, anyone who expects perfection is deluded. They are not as finely finished, the fit of some of the part is merely OK, but they will work. You get Chu Wood stocks instead of Walnut or Beech. Whatever.

I'll casually suggest that folks that want something that runs smoothly and without issues out of the box, would be better advised, to buy the originals. If you don't mind giving it a once over, and knocking off sharp edge here or there, you can end up with a pretty decent field gun or truck gun, that you won't shed any tears for if you get a scratch on it.
    Not saying every one that is out there needs the work, just that for the price, it may.

I think they represent pretty good value for the money.
    The EE is a lousy place to find deals.

I picked up a Miroku SA-22 for $275 about 3 years ago at an online auction. If you're patient and keep your eyes open, you can generally find a deal. If you need something RIGHT NOW! it will end up costing more.

Sure, that may be almost double what the Norinco costs, but still not a high price for a decent quality gun that you don't have to mess with just to get it to work reliably. $159 is a terrible price for a gun that doesn't work out of the box. Even at minimum wage, your time is worth more than the price difference in time you'll put into screwing with the thing to get it to work right.

CGN frequent flyer
    this is an awesome deal! Thanks for posting.
    At this price, buy two. Yes, some need basic fiddling, but an accurate all metal gun that works beautifully. Some are flawless out of the box.

If only I could buy these back in the 70's, I wouldn't have been scarred by jammy semis like the (new) mossbergs and cooey 64's.

And by the way, they show as back in stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big Bad's Avatar
    At the deadly intersection of Turd and Blair.
    Based on the Browning takedown all right, the Norinco version was/is highly recommended by good old Boston T Party in his gun book, but the first one I came across was at a gun show where when assembled the sights came out positioned at 11:00 o'clock instead of 12. The dealer also wanted full price! Hopefully the store at the link will inspect them for such gross defects.
    "Guns don't kill people, the government does." -- Dale Gribble
    "The best fatal mistakes to learn from are those made by others" -- BB Truism
    "Knowledge isn't free. You have to pay attention." -- Richard Feynman

Almost, almost bought one yesterday.... to stack up with the other jw-xxxx I already have from Norinco...
    may revisit tonight

Mine arrived about 4 this afternoon. Very slimy with smelly oily greasy stuff everywhere, did a complete take down, cleaned and reassembled. I shot off a box of CCI Mini-mags then a box of CCI Std. Vel. no fail to feed, or fail to fires. Will make a good truck gun.

Quote Originally Posted by grelmar View Post
    The EE is a lousy place to find deals.

I picked up a Miroku SA-22 for $275 about 3 years ago at an online auction. If you're patient and keep your eyes open, you can generally find a deal. If you need something RIGHT NOW! it will end up costing more.

Sure, that may be almost double what the Norinco costs, but still not a high price for a decent quality gun that you don't have to mess with just to get it to work reliably. $159 is a terrible price for a gun that doesn't work out of the box. Even at minimum wage, your time is worth more than the price difference in time you'll put into screwing with the thing to get it to work right.
    What on-line auction?

CGN frequent flyer
    Picked one of these up at the Chilliwack gunshow last weekend. Coated in Chinese oil, took it down to the last pin and cleaned, but that smell lingers... ran 150 rounds of Mini-mags, Wildcats, and CCI Quiets, all functioned perfectly (well, except for the Quiets, but I have yet to encounter a semi-auto that cycles them). All in all, a decent little gun, the wrist is very small, and it seems like it would carry easily. I got an extra barrel with mine (CanadaAmmo had a parts bin sitting there), so I think I'm going to try to scope up the one barrel, if I can find a mount that'll work. Anybody know what the barrel thread is on these? A suppressor would be ideal, but it might be fun to put a linear comp on or something...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CzyHorse View Post
    What on-line auction?
    Back before FB banned gun sales, on a running Canadian gun auction group on there.

But, in general, the EE doesn't have great deals, especially on things that have been sitting for a few days/weeks. If you keep a really close eye on it, you can luck out and catch things selling for reasonable prices, but those deals vanish fast.

Trolling gun shows, horse trading on word of mouth at ranges and a rural friends and family network, that's how you get deals, realistically. The EE is for "I want it now." Finding deals takes patience. Guns are no different than any other durable commodity, in this regard.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexthedestroyer View Post
    Picked one of these up at the Chilliwack gunshow last weekend. Coated in Chinese oil, took it down to the last pin and cleaned, but that smell lingers... ran 150 rounds of Mini-mags, Wildcats, and CCI Quiets, all functioned perfectly (well, except for the Quiets, but I have yet to encounter a semi-auto that cycles them). All in all, a decent little gun, the wrist is very small, and it seems like it would carry easily. I got an extra barrel with mine (CanadaAmmo had a parts bin sitting there), so I think I'm going to try to scope up the one barrel, if I can find a mount that'll work. Anybody know what the barrel thread is on these? A suppressor would be ideal, but it might be fun to put a linear comp on or something...
    I have a Belgian Browning 22 LR take down that cycles CB longs no problem
    The Norincos are threaded for a 60A mount . you have to remove the rear sight
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by grelmar View Post
    Back before FB banned gun sales, on a running Canadian gun auction group on there.

But, in general, the EE doesn't have great deals, especially on things that have been sitting for a few days/weeks. If you keep a really close eye on it, you can luck out and catch things selling for reasonable prices, but those deals vanish fast.

Trolling gun shows, horse trading on word of mouth at ranges and a rural friends and family network, that's how you get deals, realistically. The EE is for "I want it now." Finding deals takes patience. Guns are no different than any other durable commodity, in this regard.

Lots of good deals on the EE, only thing is they do not last long. Missed out on one last week Famae 542 6 mags, scope rail, folding stock adapter and a few other goodies for 2k
    The seller was local, I was going to contact him in the morning when I finished my night shift. Too bad for me it was gone by the time my shift was done.
    Good deals go fast, you have to be quick.
    But hey if you think there are no deals on the EE feel free to stay away, less competition for the rest of us.

Just saying.
    Last edited by josey wales; 03-22-2019 at 01:07 AM.
    Play stupid games...Win stupid prizes.
    WARNING Does Not Play Well With Others
    CSSA and CCFR member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast