Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deal Alert Norinco !

Deal Alert Norinco !

Not my first choice for a SA .22, but for $ 159. I'll take a chance !!
    https://www.gotenda.com/shop/firearms/rifles/norinco-jw-20-semi-auto-22lr-takedown-rifle/
    CSSA, ADRRA, OVPL, EDSC, OFHA, CCFR
    “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” Mark Twain

Super Moderator
    Sold a couple of these when I had my shop. Took a fair bit of fiddling to keep them sold. Feedways required polishing and fiddling. Didn't bring in any more.
    Maybe they are better now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A slight radius on a too sharp edge, made all the difference on a couple I fixed up.

One of those lost a claw off the extractor. A Browning part, about $20, fixed that up.

A little rough around the edges, but well within the reach of someone with any aptitude.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The stock is subjected to dry treatment so that it can be used for a long time without deformation

Chinglish ?

Grizz

CGN Regular
    As tiriac and trevj have pointed out, fiddling is required. I bought one on the $125 deal about 5 years ago knowing that.
    A fair bit of fiddling later and I had an accurate and dependable little rifle, my first 22 semi (after 50 years of 22s). I use mini mags exclusively and it never fails whereas other brands vary. I am satisfied with the deal.
    semper ubi sub ubi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    For ~ $300 you can get a 70's era Japanese Browning SA-22 that will run circles around one of these.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grelmar View Post
    For ~ $300 you can get a 70's era Japanese Browning SA-22 that will run circles around one of these.
    Where? That is also almost double what this rifle costs.
    I like guns....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Out of stock

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    Where? That is also almost double what this rifle costs.
    Yeah, I tend to watch the Browning Semi's on the EE, and if grelmar can buy them at that price, he can quit his day job and live off the profits of reselling them for what they actually sell for.

Both the ones I did got a very slight radius added to the top of the chamber, as they were both shaving a huge chunk off the bullet when feeding, and quite often, that chunk didn't separate, causing a feed jam.
    That work was the totality of the fettling that was done.

For a quarter or less of the retail price of the originals, anyone who expects perfection is deluded. They are not as finely finished, the fit of some of the part is merely OK, but they will work. You get Chu Wood stocks instead of Walnut or Beech. Whatever.

I'll casually suggest that folks that want something that runs smoothly and without issues out of the box, would be better advised, to buy the originals. If you don't mind giving it a once over, and knocking off sharp edge here or there, you can end up with a pretty decent field gun or truck gun, that you won't shed any tears for if you get a scratch on it.
    Not saying every one that is out there needs the work, just that for the price, it may.

I think they represent pretty good value for the money.

CGN Regular
    I got a rossi rs22 new for 147.
    it

It's an excellent piece 500 round no failures and it eats everything.
    Fit my 12 year old and myself.
    NFA
    CCFR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast