Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MPOD Review

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by celichi View Post
    Free Hold For The Win. Nice and relaxed, that is the best way to repeat, do as little as possible to the rifle, except of course squeeze the trigger.

It feels disconcerting at first, because I was taught (incorrectly) to “hold on tight”

Try it, you will like it.

John Pinch shoots PRS this way.
    It is very very hard for anyone to apply a load to anything consistently and repeatably... why preloading a bipod dissappeared from the FTR scene pretty early on. What replaced were rigid designs that tracked smoothly, consistently, and if the driver and set up was right, straight. In turn, that allowed shooters to fine tune their loads further and hit really small targets at distance once considered science fiction.

What I have found is that the skis are easier to get the highest level of on target performance. They just don't work on field surfaces found in the PRS game. But in the PRS game, the targets are far more generous vs F class so the 'hit' rate is still excellent.

for me, the adjustment was the other way... putting some pressure on the rifle 1) to help steady on various surfaces... 2) to manage recoil differently. Has been a learning experience and I am getting more comfy with it.

If pure accuracy was the goal, I would stick with the ski feet and a hunk of carpet. For field positions on the clock, the set up worked very well at least for the stages I have played at so far.

Yes, I still run a short Harris cause sometimes..... and then I complement with various support bags.

Kinda like golf...

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

For any type of prone shooting my mpod has been fantastic, use a rear bag properly and it won’t move. I am sure this is what it was designed for. For a multipurpose gun yes it will have limitations. Great job Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    Thanks

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    Thanks

Jerry
    How much is the MPOD?

Supporting Dealer
    $295

mounting options possible so please send me an email or pm to discuss

Jerry

I just started using my MPOD mounted on my Tikka T3X 260 Rem before the Covid range close here. Shot about 60 rounds with it so still getting to know how to shoot with it. So far I really like it!

Not loading the bipod and using more free recoil technique is already a normal way for me to shoot anyways on the bench, having learned that from bench rest shooting technique. And its very easy on the shoulder. I am still learning the degree of shoulder pressure and cheek pressure to use to achieve that perfect straight back recoil.

The MPOD's cant lock-up is very solid. On the bench the bubble level on my scope indicates maintenance of level from shot to shot, only rarely needing an adjustment. Its a totally different feeling than using my sporters in a front rest where the stock's narrow forearm torques radically every shot, and position in the rest has to be re-adjusted for every shot. The MPOD significantly reduces that torque jump.

The photo above shows my Tikka with a 20 cm Anschutz rail mounted. The T3X models have the interchangeable forearm piece which attaches to two M5 threaded inserts in the stock: one for the swivel stud, and one hole 13cm to the rear. The rail comes with several holes but I had to drill and countersink one for the 13mm spacing. I found two M5 flathead screws (which needed modifying) and it resulted in a very solid attachment. No drilling or modification of the stock was necessary.

I will make a separate post on how the Anschutz rail was attached, and several Anschutz rail adapters I have for other uses.

OP TheNatural21 mentioned:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural21 View Post
    I put my rail where my front sling stud used to be, so now I have to get an adapter or find another place to put a sling stud or flush cup.
    I had the same issue and solved it by attaching an Anschutz hand stop with a QD sling swivel.

Supporting Dealer
    Looks like a great set up... glad you are enjoying the MPOD

Jerry

CGN Regular
    I cannot speak highly enough of the mpod. Nothing feels better than the mpod. Not even a 42lb sand bag. Recoil is so straight and smooth. I hate having to use my harris now when my only option is a sling stud (ie hunting rifle). Its such a luxury to oull out a chassied rifle and slap it on the mpod. Literally point and click, no goofy preloading etc.

Couldnt support a more generous creator as well. Jerry is nothing but forthcoming with his energy to help new guys.

Also they use mpod in king of 2 mile so thats how you know its hot kit.

Supporting Dealer
    avocado, glad you are enjoying the MPOD Thanks for your feedback

The T slot rail can be bolted to a hunting forend... just add a 2nd hole. There are swivel stud adaptors for the T slot rail if you need to have a sling attachment point.

Yes, it did well at the Ko2M but they changed the rules... maybe they will change the bipod rules back.

Jerry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Love my MPOD, one of the first ones with the adjustable cant feature, and can't say enough good things. Even in the field whilst feeding the Raptor populations (killing gophers for them to eat) it has been nothing short of amazing.

Setup in the truck bed, lie down and plink away at the furry varmints!
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast