Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Heads up for potential Modern Sporter purchasers.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The legal definition of "sold" is when an agreement is made, not when something is paid in full. Technically if you order today and pay whenever, it has been sold today.

None of that makes any difference if the sissies ban or restrict every semi-auto in the close future imho.
    Might want to confirm that with ATRS/Shaun... as here is what I was told on my order

"or were you paying in full to close the invoice, and not have to deal with C71?"

I personally dont consider something sold/closed until the balance owing is paid in full.
    Example (and hypothetical), I sold a restricted firearm on the EE... but the buyer requests to do it as a payment plan. Do I initiate the transfer into the buyers name now, 1/2 payment, completed, or somewhere inbetween?
    My eyes/opinion... when it's been paid in full.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    Might want to confirm that with ATRS/Shaun... as here is what I was told on my order

"or were you paying in full to close the invoice, and not have to deal with C71?"

I personally dont consider something sold/closed until the balance owing is paid in full.
    Example (and hypothetical), I sold a restricted firearm on the EE... but the buyer requests to do it as a payment plan. Do I initiate the transfer into the buyers name now, 1/2 payment, completed, or somewhere inbetween?
    My eyes/opinion... when it's been paid in full.
    But when you buy a house with mortgage, you certainly haven't paid in full have you?
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    But when you buy a house with mortgage, you certainly haven't paid in full have you?
    Mortgage is a loan, in which I pay the interest on.

Talk to the bank, get a loan, pay for the MS in full, and then you call it yours and pay off the lender as you agree upon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    The bank owns your house until you’ve paid in full. Then you get the deed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    So what your saying is that nothing gets recorded now, but if C71 comes into effect, then your name,address, and what you bought, gets recorded?

So what do they use on the sales invoice, that you got? Invisible ink?
    Cause far as I know, you have to keep sales records for 7 years or so,
    And they usually have all your info.

Canada revenue, just another record.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
    At what point will ATRS have complete modern sporter rifles for sale?
    We have had receiver sets for sale for over a year now as everyone was wanting to build their own, so we have concentrated on supplying what was asked for.

When ever we get caught up on the pre-orders, no clue when that might happen, we intend to have complete rifles ready on the shelf. We can only make so many and for the last year demand has far outweighed production.
    Now IF you happened to be at the Calgary gun show this weekend, there MAY be 1 complete rifle for sale. A cancellation has come up.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    So what your saying is that nothing gets recorded now, but if C71 comes into effect, then your name,address, and what you bought, gets recorded?

So what do they use on the sales invoice, that you got? Invisible ink?
    Cause far as I know, you have to keep sales records for 7 years or so,
    And they usually have all your info.

Canada revenue, just another record.
    Unfortunately CRA requires a business to have some form of proof on income and expenses, so invoices must be producible for an audit. ALL businesses are covered by this "temporary tax left over from WW1". In order to get access to tax records a warrant is required for any other purpose for its use. Now should our shop suffer a flood or fire and our records are destroyed (it can happen) even an ironclad warrant is useless.

From what we have gleaned from inside government sources is that part of C71 includes the requirement for a seller (yup this includes you if you sell a gun) to call the CFC in order to get a "transfer authorization", much like when selling a restricted firearm currently requires. What we do not know is exactly what info they will require in order to get said authorization number and what becomes of it. But we know the world will be a safer place because of it.
    What we DO know is that currently all we require is proof of valid PAL and we do not have to bother the folks at the CFC to sell a NON Restricted firearm.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Exactly, if you get your rifle before C 71, you can sell it to a legal Pal holder, with no obligation to keep records.
    It do not matter what you ,as a business, has on record. Computer or paper.

But after C71, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Unfortunately CRA requires a business to have some form of proof on income and expenses, so invoices must be producible for an audit. ALL businesses are covered by this "temporary tax left over from WW1". In order to get access to tax records a warrant is required for any other purpose for its use. Now should our shop suffer a flood or fire and our records are destroyed (it can happen) even an ironclad warrant is useless.

From what we have gleaned from inside government sources is that part of C71 includes the requirement for a seller (yup this includes you if you sell a gun) to call the CFC in order to get a "transfer authorization", much like when selling a restricted firearm currently requires. What we do not know is exactly what info they will require in order to get said authorization number and what becomes of it. But we know the world will be a safer place because of it.
    What we DO know is that currently all we require is proof of valid PAL and we do not have to bother the folks at the CFC to sell a NON Restricted firearm.
    So if bill C71 comes into affect, the government will be able to request all records of lowers/complete rifles sold (since they have serial numbers) and to whom (using PAL/billing info)? Thus starting/ adding to a registry?

Personally I don't think C71 will go through. Hoping it doesn't anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by leakproofpuma7 View Post
    So if bill C71 comes into affect, the government will be able to request all records of lowers/complete rifles sold (since they have serial numbers) and to whom (using PAL/billing info)? Thus starting/ adding to a registry?

Personally I don't think C71 will go through. Hoping it doesn't anyways.
    As the current laws are our records for NR firearms are simply tax records that would require a pretty strong based warrant to gain access to, unlike the restricted firearms inventory that gets entered into a government supplied, hence government owned book which the feds have access to at any time they wish.

I surely hope you are right and C71 get canned, but given the Turds plan to ram as much bad legislation through as possible to hide his transgressions in other areas I am doubtful.