Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Heads up for potential Modern Sporter purchasers.

I'm confused. I read your first post which doesnt say anything about waiting until production 3 for a SS upper. I placed my order just now to get in under the deadline for production two so I can get it by September and save $100. Am I to understand that if I want my set by September I have to pay for for a forward assist upper or wait until March of 2020 if I want a SS upper but not pay $100 more?

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorF View Post
    I'm confused. I read your first post which doesnt say anything about waiting until production 3 for a SS upper. I placed my order just now to get in under the deadline for production two so I can get it by September and save $100. Am I to understand that if I want my set by September I have to pay for for a forward assist upper or wait until March of 2020 if I want a SS upper but not pay $100 more?
    They are just competing the FA uppers now.
    These will fulfil the orders from the first run of lowers, as well as the second run.

Once the uppers are done, the lowers will begin (production run 2). Once the lowers are done, the SS will be made.

So yes, if you want a SS and not to pay the extra $ - either a time machine is needed to order one from the very original order, or wait until 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    They are just competing the FA uppers now.
    These will fulfil the orders from the first run of lowers, as well as the second run.

Once the uppers are done, the lowers will begin (production run 2). Once the lowers are done, the SS will be made.

So yes, if you want a SS and not to pay the extra $ - either a time machine is needed to order one from the very original order, or wait until 2020.
    Or pay extra now for a FA and receive it in the fall?

Or pay extra now for a FA and receive it in the fall?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Just a heads up for those who have been following our Modern Sporter.

April 15th will be the last day we take an order for receivers in the 2nd production run. ALL orders received after April 15th will be made in the 3rd production run. We expect to start working on production run #3 of lowers starting in late September. Once we have the lowers done move onto uppers again. Each run takes about 3 months so if all goes according to plan complete upper/lower sets will start to ship out in about March of the New Year, depending on which upper style we do first.
    Also with our costs for aluminum bar stock increasing along with the costs of tooling, power,heat,insurance and wages there will be an increase in the cost of the sets. The exact amount we are still trying to work out but it is looking like around $100.00 per set
    Nowhere in any of this does it say if I order the SS upper I'll get bumped to the 3rd run...... I ordered as you suggested before April 15th so I would get my set before 2020 and save $100. Now if I want my set from the second run I have to "upgrade" to the FA upper and pay more anyway....What was the point of getting in on the second run then I have to ask myself if I end up either A, waiting or B, paying more. Am I missing something here or misunderstanding something?
    Last edited by TrevorF; 04-13-2019 at 08:33 PM.

No where in any of this does it say if I order the SS upper I'll get bumped to the 3rd run...... I ordered as you suggested before April 15th so I would get my set before 2020 and save $100. Now if I want my set from the second run I have to "upgrade" to the FA upper and pay more anyway....What was the point of getting in on the second run then I have to ask myself if I end up either A, waiting or B, paying more. Am I missing something here or misunderstanding something?
    You literally just asked this 2 posts above...

In the original post, try reading up to about 10 posts below and it clarifies it all.

They’ve been forthcoming that they alternate between 1 style of upper, lowers, and the other upper...the original post says it takes about 3 months per run.
    Do the math, and that puts you into 2020.

They gave you warning that you’d save $100 by ordering now.

People from the 1st run are JUST getting their uppers SOON (not even now). So what makes you think you’re special?

Quote Originally Posted by imark93 View Post
    So if i were to pre order a slick side receiver set today it would be apart of production run #2? That would be ready to ship in Fall?
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    No. If you ordered a slick side receiver set today, it would be spring of 2020. A Forward receiver set ordered today, is looking at Late September possibly October.

To clarify up above as well, forward assist uppers for RUN #1 LOWERS, will ship out May/June.

Slow down Hauss. I'm not saying anything that implies I think I'm entitled to anything special. Their first post wasn't clear. If the first post mentioned specifically that there was a delay for the SS side it would help customers make a more informed decision. It should read pay $100 less now and wait until 2020 or wait two days and pay $100 more and wait until 2020 or pay more now and get your set in September. That's what the post should say.
    Either way, I've made my 50% deposit now I have to rack my brain about whether or not I want to pay more for a feature I don't want to get the set fast or way longer, stick with the price I chose today and get the gun I want. That's the decision I have to make now which wasn't clear at the time time I made the purchase because of how the first post was written.

CGN Regular
    Nowhere in any of this does it say if I order the SS upper I'll get bumped to the 3rd run...... I ordered as you suggested before April 15th so I would get my set before 2020 and save $100. Now if I want my set from the second run I have to "upgrade" to the FA upper and pay more anyway....What was the point of getting in on the second run then I have to ask myself if I end up either A, waiting or B, paying more. Am I missing something here or misunderstanding something?
    See post #9 in this thread, it is pretty plain in my mind.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by OntarioMarksman View Post
    Just placed my order for a F/A set...now the looooooong wait begins!
    It goes by pretty quick ! As one of the OG.s that bought the sets before the FRT, Im still waiting and it doesn't bother me. I think we have only 5 more weeks to wait for the F/A uppers.

If anyone who is getting FA upper shortly is willing to sell their SS upper shot me a message. Decided I need a 2nd one so I can build a dedicated 22lr upper.
    To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and then claim whatever you hit as the target .