Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Black Creek Labs Announcement - Please Read

Black Creek Labs Announcement - Please Read

This post it to inform everyone that we are no longer the Canadian Black Creek Labs distributor.

Don't worry, nothing bad has happened between us, we are still friends. In fact, we introduced them to their new distributor and suggested that they go that route. I'm sure they will be announcing their new dealer program/distributor shortly.

They are still working on projects for us and we're still going to be retailing their products.

Now for a few other questions people might have:

Warranty, BCL still handles their own warranty and we will help people get in touch with them if there is ever an issue. They just hired a dedicated person for warranty/communications etc so I'm sure that will mean faster replies to emails etc.

Dealers, if you are one of our dealers and have guns/parts on order we'll be handing off any back orders to the new distributor. They will contact you to see what which ones you want etc.

Badger, BCL is still waiting on the FRT for the Badger. I've played with the Badger and it seems pretty nice.
    Last edited by Chemist; 03-21-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Smart move.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

CGN Regular
    Well so much for living with in a 5 minute drive to the distributor of BCL. I’m still happy as long as your going to carry their products. I took my BCL 102 out yesterday for the first time. Stove piped 7 rounds out of the first 20 I put down it. I cleaned it between the first 20 and the second 20, including re-lubricating. Then I ran 20 more with 5 stove piped rounds. Recleaned and lubed up again I ran 20 more with only 1 failure to feed and that was my own fault. This was with “PMC Bronze” brass cased fmj 147gr ammo. It may have just needed breaking in, but I honestly think after looking at slow motion video that the problem is more with the speed at which this rifles bolt moves when fired and the ejector is grabbing the brass so hard that it bends the rim of the brass. I found these marks on all of the brass that failed to eject. I’ve never used PMC ammunition before but I do load most of my own ammunition. I’ve found some brass to be a lot softer like federal brass. I tend to stick to Lapua brass or Winchester brass because it is easy to resize and yet isn’t nearly as soft as some. I’ll have to get some win or lapua brass for this and see how it runs. I will also likely make up some reloads for this out of the pmc. Why? Because why not. I’ve read a lot on the BCL 102 and the issues that the first gen had but I still like this rifle. Clean it, lube it and use it it. I bet the next time I’m out shooting it, with the extra break in it runs like a top. I don’t need anyone’s opinion! I have my own thanks and I still look forward to the next set of goodies to upgrade the rifle with. Thanks SFRC I’ll be in in the next week or two to pick some things up.

What's their phone number?
    Free men DO NOT ask permission.
    "Don't hate me because I'm black." - Black Rifles
    Eradicate Nazism in Ukraine.
    IRUNGUNS will take your money and not supply what you’ve paid for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1976 View Post
    Smart move.
    Understatement of the year.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Farris Bueller View Post
    Well so much for living with in a 5 minute drive to the distributor of BCL. I’m still happy as long as your going to carry their products. I took my BCL 102 out yesterday for the first time. Stove piped 7 rounds out of the first 20 I put down it. I cleaned it between the first 20 and the second 20, including re-lubricating. Then I ran 20 more with 5 stove piped rounds. Recleaned and lubed up again I ran 20 more with only 1 failure to feed and that was my own fault. This was with “PMC Bronze” brass cased fmj 147gr ammo. It may have just needed breaking in, but I honestly think after looking at slow motion video that the problem is more with the speed at which this rifles bolt moves when fired and the ejector is grabbing the brass so hard that it bends the rim of the brass. I found these marks on all of the brass that failed to eject. I’ve never used PMC ammunition before but I do load most of my own ammunition. I’ve found some brass to be a lot softer like federal brass. I tend to stick to Lapua brass or Winchester brass because it is easy to resize and yet isn’t nearly as soft as some. I’ll have to get some win or lapua brass for this and see how it runs. I will also likely make up some reloads for this out of the pmc. Why? Because why not. I’ve read a lot on the BCL 102 and the issues that the first gen had but I still like this rifle. Clean it, lube it and use it it. I bet the next time I’m out shooting it, with the extra break in it runs like a top. I don’t need anyone’s opinion! I have my own thanks and I still look forward to the next set of goodies to upgrade the rifle with. Thanks SFRC I’ll be in in the next week or two to pick some things up.
    Needs a new extractor. They have decided to use a slanted extractor instead of a commercial one.
    f:P

CGN Regular
    Ah, makes sense. Well then I guess a new extractor will be on the shopping list. Thanks

An interesting read.
    Thanks for the information - it's also answered some of my concerns I'd queried Marcie about yesterday.
    I love the rifles and the fact they're Canadian made - and the Badger will be next on my list to own - presuming an FRT comes through prior to any NZ like changes in law.
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Needs a new extractor. They have decided to use a slanted extractor instead of a commercial one.
    Ejector. Use a standard AR10 ejector (half cut, like the one at True North Arms.)
    I write on huntinggearguy.com

I wonder if there are more interesting developments related to this. Hopefully it's a good move for both parties.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast