Thread: Stag 10 barrel warrenty

Stag 10 barrel warrenty

How does the infinite shot guarentee work. I will have a shot out 6.5 creedmoor barrel by the end of summer and would like to know how stags guarentee works. Do I send you the barrel and you send it away and then send me a new one after they determine if its wore out or not?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Just out of curiosity, how many rounds have you fired roughly to get it to that point? I've read 6.5 barrels are only good for 3000 rounds or so, but that seems really low.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Did you buy it from Arms East?

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Bak Dur View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how many rounds have you fired roughly to get it to that point? I've read 6.5 barrels are only good for 3000 rounds or so, but that seems really low.
    I've seen 6.5s shot out in as little as 800 rounds. Depends on lots of variables. And what is acceptable to some people. When the groups open up and cleaning doesnt fix it its shot out to me. What do you need out of it is another thing. Match accuracy or hunting or just blasting steel. The weekend range warriors that blast steel at 100-200 all day long with have a longer barrel life than guys that shoot 500+ because it's harder to keep the round on target the further out you go.

I'm estimating 1500-2000 rounds and this barrel will be of no use to me anymore. It's not a super duper high end barrel. Yes its 416r stainless but 416 has been proven to wear out faster than the cromoly barrels. 416 is used because it produces superior accuracy to chromemoly barrels at the cost of round count. But the people that buy 416 arent worried about round count they are worried about accuracy. I've personally fired 50 round on this tube but the previous owner fired a lot more. It's nothing to shoot 100 rounds a range trip for me and being break up that's 2-3 times a weeks. At that pace I'll have 2000 on it in no time

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    Did you buy it from Arms East?
    No I bought it second hand but stag has transferable lifetime warranty

The lifetime and infinite shot warranty applies to complete rifles only, so you might have to send the complete rifle back.