Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Importing 12(6)?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    A pistol frame , is the registered firearm. It’s not a component. The barrel length dictates the classification, and a g19 could easily be prohibited. Your argument is invalid
    Yes but it is still a component. We are talking about importing a frame and a slide (a handgun) but without a barrel. I am not arguing with you.
    If you dont understand the distinction between a firearm component and a whole firearm I cant help you.
    A compact/subcompact handgun that has oem prohibited barrel cannot be imported without a Canadian legal barrel. That's a fact!
    Il messanger non è importante

No new 12.6 for anyone

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 05-29-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 04-27-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ARrifleman View Post
    Prohibs can’t be imported into Canada.
    And Just to add to that....
    I know someone who EXPORTED a family prohib to the US and through the process they were very CLEARLY informed that that gun could never be returned/imported/brought back to Canada, even if they moved here. They were basically asked if they were absolutely certain they wanted to export it because it would be permanent.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsinki Cowboy View Post
    That's right but a sub compact imported without a barrel is registered as a handgun frame . Only the barrel length determines what class a handgun falls in . (Barrels less than 106mm are non importable)
    You need to stop spreading this BS around. A complete handgun (frame receiver+slide) which normally comes with prohibited barrel cannot be imported into Canada without a barrel and as such it will not be imported AS FRAME ONLY! If you dont believe me, just call any exporter and ask.

(Just to be fair, maybe ALL handguns/firearms have to have barrel installed on import. I've only dealt with subs.)

They are the legal verifiers !! They can't verify it unless they have it in their possession can they ?
    That's not the only reason they wanted your barrel.
    I dont know here, you are kinda thick but I'll try one last time. Your Canadian-legal barrel was taken out of Canada and into the US and then imported already installed in a handgun. At that point, the firearm is coming in as a restricted firearm.
    You seem to think that the pistol was brought into Canada without a barrel and your barrel was installed AFTER the importation. That is not the case!

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 06-19-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

CGN frequent flyer
    After 50 years of collecting (including 12.2's ) I certainly know who the bullsh....r is and it's certainly not me ! Don't go into something you don't understand . You are clueless . (....and I have the RCMP registrations to prove it) . Consider yourself ignored !
    Good for you, continue collecting just dont misinform people of things you dont fully understand!

So you are now like in your 70s??? I guess that explains "the thickness"!

You have rcmp registration for what???

HAHAHA, If you are so right why did you bother editing your posts??? By the way, you did notice that the copies of are still on the forum?

I am surprised IRG didnt already chime in.

O.K. ,Just to fan the fire , a barrel has to be over 105mm, can be under 106mm.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    O.K. ,Just to fan the fire , a barrel has to be over 105mm, can be under 106mm.

You gonna give the guy a heart attack!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast