Thread: New Arrivals !!! Centaure ammunition in 357 Magnum and 38 Spl

Contributing Dealer aacollectible's Avatar

New Arrivals !!! Centaure ammunition in 357 Magnum and 38 Spl

38 Special Ammunition by Centaure, 125gr E.C. Fully Jacketed. Made in Canada. Boxer primed, non corrosive. Per box of 50. Get free shipping if ordered by the 1000rd case (20 boxes). A few exceptions may apply. $18.95/per box of 50
    https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...taure-125gr-ec

357 Magnum Ammunition by Centaure, 125gr EC, fully jacketed. Made in Canada. Boxer primed, non corrosive. Per box of 50. Get free shipping if ordered by the 1000rd case (20 boxes). A few exceptions may apply. $21.95 per box of 50
    https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...taure-125gr-ec

357 Magnum Ammunition by Centaure, 125gr JSP. Made in Canada. Boxer primed, non corrosive. Per box of 50. Get free shipping if ordered by the 1000rd case (20 boxes). A few exceptions may apply. VERY LIMITED QUANTITY !!! $21.95/per box of 50
    https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...aure-125gr-jsp

I am very tempted by the price. Does anyone know if it's brass or steel casings and how is it for overall dirtiness and quality as compared to the usual cheap suspects of blazer or winchester white box?

So this is mixed headstamp factory reloaded ammunition?
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

I have had a couple of cases, good stuff, I never checked all the head stamps.
    I have a couple 357, and 38 ,I will have a look,
    O.K. quick look.
    38 special one box all IVI, looked like new brass, other was win. nickel, one rd brass win.
    The 357 is in storage, so can't check it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    I Can't comment on their 357 or 38, but i had the Centaur in 9mm and it was good stuff. It was brass cased, forget the headstamp, but they were all the same manufacturer in each box i had opened.

It's been a few years, so i can't really remember to comment on dirtyness, but i'd put it above blazer for sure in quality.

I have fired 10’s of thousands of rounds of Centaure 38 spl ammo and have never encountered a misfire, squib load or hang fire.The original owner André used to compete in, and sponsor, our PPC matches. His son Eric now runs the company. They have very good quality control but it is commercially reloaded ammo. They source their volume 9mm predominantly from LE agencies, not sure where the 38 or 357 is sourced from now. My only negative comment would be that I found it to be somewhat dirty to shoot but nothing that some Hoppes #9 does not solve.

Brass casings and better quality than either Winchester white box or Blazer, in my opinion.

At that price it is worth picking up a few cases.
    Last edited by passengerseven; 03-27-2019 at 08:26 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Still have a dozen or so boxes of Centaure, this is good ammo, price is good.

Will pick up a few K's with the free shipping offer ammo.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Anyone out any of it over a chronograph?