Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW20 Takedown .22lr

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    I had 4 and returned all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by stang View Post
    I bought 4, thankfully I no longer have any of them.
    I don't mean to be rude, but why would you buy 4?
    Take the red pill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo Dug View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but why would you buy 4?
    They were gifts unfortunately, I don't think anyone I gave one to still has it. They are the very worst of the Norinco stuff.

I got one from Tenda, it was old stock, probably 90's, box looked like it was buried in mud, all the staples in the box and the manual had disintegrated from rust. Thankfully the rifle was jam packed in some kind of filthy oil and was well preserved, only rust was under the buttplate. Wood was very dried out on the unfinished inside portions. Guns need to be fully stripped and cleaned prior to shooting, which turned into several hours of work. The one I got looks OK...Tenda has them on cheap.
    Don't think I'd do it again however. Gun is much heavier then it looks so not exactly the best carry gun.
    Give it a solid "meh" rating.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    I got one from Tenda, it was old stock, probably 90's, box looked like it was buried in mud, all the staples in the box and the manual had disintegrated from rust. Thankfully the rifle was jam packed in some kind of filthy oil and was well preserved, only rust was under the buttplate. Wood was very dried out on the unfinished inside portions. Guns need to be fully stripped and cleaned prior to shooting, which turned into several hours of work. The one I got looks OK...Tenda has them on cheap.
    Don't think I'd do it again however. Gun is much heavier then it looks so not exactly the best carry gun.
    Give it a solid "meh" rating.
    Nice to see an opinion that's more than "they suck."

Leaning farther away from this purchase... Although at the price Tenda has em... If they're still in stock next paycheque maybe I'll get one, I need to load up on some ammo anyways...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I bought one from tenda last week, told my friend than changed my order to two,one for him too. Came today from canpar. One was cracked in two places,on the butt stock. Called tenda up and they are sending me a shipping label to return it for exchange. These are definitely from the 90's, Rusty staples and manual that really shows the age. And yes they are super coated in oil, and very well preserved inside and out. I only cleaned the outside off and took it apart once, which was super easy, and the lockup was nice and tight. They are very nice for the price imo. Really good takedown tutorials on youtube as well.
    http://imgur.com/a/ueN3ut7

Quote Originally Posted by stang View Post
    They were gifts unfortunately, I don't think anyone I gave one to still has it. They are the very worst of the Norinco stuff.
    Don't be so hard on yourself... that's still a damn awesome gift to get! I was really considering this rifle though, they look pretty decent. But, I think I'll stay away, for now...
    Take the red pill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    I bought one from tenda last week, told my friend than changed my order to two,one for him too. Came today from canpar. One was cracked in two places,on the butt stock. Called tenda up and they are sending me a shipping label to return it for exchange. These are definitely from the 90's, Rusty staples and manual that really shows the age. And yes they are super coated in oil, and very well preserved inside and out. I only cleaned the outside off and took it apart once, which was super easy, and the lockup was nice and tight. They are very nice for the price imo. Really good takedown tutorials on youtube as well.
    http://imgur.com/a/ueN3ut7
    I think wood is going be a problem long term, it's so dried out and brittle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    I think wood is going be a problem long term, it's so dried out and brittle.
    Ya maybe, anything you could do about it? I'm wandering if that's why my second one was cracked in the sealed box.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    On a positive note Browning parts fit but you will spend more money on them.QC + fit shoddy.Christmas gifts returned............. NFG

Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    Ya maybe, anything you could do about it? I'm wandering if that's why my second one was cracked in the sealed box.
    Lots of linseed oil (not blo) on the unfinished areas, let really soak it up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast