Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW20 Takedown .22lr

I also bought 2 five years ago, i keep one at my house one at my cottage. It's also my favorite 22. I have a red dot on it and its pretty accurate and super reliable. Eat all the cheapo ammo and cycle well. I love the design, no needs for mags.
    CFFR / TCRQ / FQT

Update: took mine to the farm yesterday afternoon. I ran 100 CCI HP Mini mags through it, not one malfunction. I loaded full mags and only glitch was having to pull the bolt back twice to chamber the first round, I suspect it could use a little polishing still. Other than that it was great. I was shooting my flip around resettable .22 target at about 30 yards and honestly it was hard to miss. Sealed the deal for me, I'm very happy with the sub $200 semi .22! Saw a few other dealers have theirs in stock now, all for more expensive than tenda though.

Anyone else have small holes in the back of the takedown latch, looks like a pin would fit there to prevent the latch from moving too far rearward...mine has holes but no pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Anyone else have small holes in the back of the takedown latch, looks like a pin would fit there to prevent the latch from moving too far rearward...mine has holes but no pin.
    Mine came like that too, at first I thought it was missing a pin but looking at the breakdown I couldn't see anything.

I will stays where I'm at 'til you knows where I'm to
    Decent price. Poor fellas cannot sell their $99 norc from canammo for $250 anymore
    CCFR
    Do it right THIS time, you may not get a NEXT time.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran."

Quote Originally Posted by JeffEff95 View Post
    Mine came like that too, at first I thought it was missing a pin but looking at the breakdown I couldn't see anything.
    It's definitely not on the original SA22 design, and I don't think it would serve any purpose.

I had one of these back in maybe 2006. It wouldn’t feed more then a few rounds of anything I fed it. I took it apart, adjusted it, it just would never work right.

Are they better now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    I had one of these back in maybe 2006. It wouldn’t feed more then a few rounds of anything I fed it. I took it apart, adjusted it, it just would never work right.

Are they better now?
    Some are good to go, some have broken stocks, some need work...... It's a buy 2 or 3, pick one and return the rest sort of deal. In a perfect world the distributors would cull through them and put some in the "parts pile" or sell as Chinese grade1 or grade2.

Don't expect perfection out of the box and you might be pleasantly surprised.... the good ones are nice shooters.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post

Are they better now?
    Same batch as back than I'm pretty sure, so likely hit and miss, mines good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    Same batch as back than I'm pretty sure, so likely hit and miss, mines good though.
    Ah. If these are the same then I’ll stay far away. It was the most annoying rifle I’ve ever owned, and then one of the little screws that held the rear sightleaf took a dump in a grassy field - no thanks.

I will say these positives tho; it was pretty when it was cleaned up, a very elegant design, it was also quite accurate.

Mine was never a semi-auto. Too bad, as I wanted that rifle to work so badly and tried everything.

Good luck fellas.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast