Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Norinco JW20 Takedown .22lr

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboyfireman View Post
    This is a rather complex firearm for Norinco to replicate. I wouldn't buy one without being able to shoot it first.
    It's a dead simple 100 year old design, check the rimfires thread, there is a discussion going. They work fine after a total tear down and cleaning.
    People are getting some with cracked stocks out of the box however, dried out from 25 years of storage.
    Last edited by Hitzy; 04-02-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Hey NS, do you stock any spare parts for these rifles?
    I contacted them when I lost my parts roughly 2 weeks ago, they said that they are on order with no ETA.
    You have to contact them to make sure what you want is on order though just in case. Still have to send my request in.

I just picked up a JW-20 today, a lot of time soaking it to try to get the release to move to allow the barrel to turn. After a lot of wiggling, I managed to get the barrel off, cleaned things up, got out most of the crud and rust, yep, a bit of rust in parts of the action. I can put it back together if I am careful, but the release is very stiff, and not something I would consider a take down.
    Is there anything that holds the "Barrel Lock Ring" onto the barrel? Not the adjusting ring that is threaded, the one that holds the barrel lock, spring, and plunger.
    This design has me confused, and help would be appreciated. Thanks

have one - accurate for a 22 take down and has the threaded barrel for the day we can use suppressor - ate the walmart winchester ammo with only a ammo issue (bad primer).
    Only thing I did different was strip the wood and soaked the parts in diesel, cleaned and hung to dry.
    And pay attention to the barrel lock - do not pull it out of the keyway, it has some rather small parts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR42 View Post
    Is there anything that holds the "Barrel Lock Ring" onto the barrel? Not the adjusting ring that is threaded, the one that holds the barrel lock, spring, and plunger.
    This design has me confused, and help would be appreciated. Thanks
    The forend compresses that ring down so it stays in place. Take the forend off and you can slide the ring out. Small parts hidden in there...

Does anyone know what the size of the rear sight is? Would the Browning SA skinner sight fit on it? I have doubts that china would make things with inches so I'm guessing no... but how else do you change the sights?

It's a good $150 gun. I bought two within the last year at different places.

Nice old stock, but you have to take the rifle apart and clean all the cosmoline off before shooting. Or... you'll end up having issues like the ones people have mentioned.
    I dont like buying chinese, but this little 22 got me. Happy to say this is my only chinese gun/guns.

And watch videos on how to takedown, as a few people have broken the stock while twisting holding the narrow butt.

We have 3 left in stock. Call a dealer to order.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456