Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW20 Takedown .22lr

Just save your money and buy a used Browning in EE

Linseed oil ok, where do you buy that? I like the cheapies! I'm happy so far for the price, will update when I fire it.

CGN Regular
    Lost me when I saw you had cambridge sporting arms listed lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    Linseed oil ok, where do you buy that? I like the cheapies! I'm happy so far for the price, will update when I fire it.
    Canadian Tire, Home Hardware, Lee Valley

Quote Originally Posted by 45CAT View Post
    I think the Browning would have most of the same shortcomings I see in the Nork...not fit/finish issues, but usability issues.
    I find these quite heavy for a carry around gun, I doubt I would ever take it down for transportation so that is kind of a lost feature for me, the tube feed, bottom eject, and no bolt hold open are not ideal for loading/shooting/clearing jams.
    I'm kind of thankful I get to try the platform for under $200 vs 2-3 times that for a Browning. It's a neat 100 year old design, but not really ideal for modern times.
    I will mount a 60A and see how well it can actually shoot with decent ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    I got one from Tenda, it was old stock, probably 90's, box looked like it was buried in mud, all the staples in the box and the manual had disintegrated from rust. Thankfully the rifle was jam packed in some kind of filthy oil and was well preserved, only rust was under the buttplate. Wood was very dried out on the unfinished inside portions. Guns need to be fully stripped and cleaned prior to shooting, which turned into several hours of work. The one I got looks OK...Tenda has them on cheap.
    Don't think I'd do it again however. Gun is much heavier then it looks so not exactly the best carry gun.
    Give it a solid "meh" rating.
    Yes, I'd also give them a 'meh' rating. Makes for a cheap truck/4-wheeler gun.
    I got one from Tenda last week, just over $200 delivered to door, I've had bigger bar bills. The slimiest, smelliest, oiliest, greasiest thing I've very touched. Stripped gun completely putting all the parts into a bucket. Then I took bucket, can of WD-40 and a roll of paper towels out to the barn and degreased everything. Let the WD-40 evaporate off, reassembled, lubing and wiping everything down with Ballistol. After the fact, I wished I had of taken the hour and went to town and got some rubber gloves.
    The gun works, I've have had no issues cycling any of the 22lr ammo I've put in it. I have not tested accuracy on paper yet, not many free hand misses on the 3" centre of my new Heart Attack gong.

I bought 3 from can ammo for 125 a piece a few years ago. I own about a dozen 22,s and these are my favorite. They are more reliable than my rugers and always seem to eat any type of ammo. Maybe i got lucky but i love the compatibility, the reliability, and no mag to worry about.

What about the JW15a-13? Definitely be in for a couple of those...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45CAT View Post
    Last one of those I saw on the EE was $700. I could buy 4 Norincos from Tenda at that price. Or just one and spend the other $500 on another gun or two.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I just finished completely disassembling mine. Like hitzy said, It definitely needs a complete takedown, it is absolutely soaked in grease in every crack and crevice, even behind extractor (need a little punch to remove), which I highly suggest to do.

Watched a YouTube tutorial before I did takedown and everything went nice and smooth, quite easy actually. After reassembly I tightened the mag tube with a loonie and the butt stock is now rock solid, I also gave the receiver tightening ring(not sure actual name) a few clicks as it had a but of play as well. It is now rock solid all around, no play whatsoever, I'm really pleased with myself and the gun lol! I definitely advise anyone with an extra $200 to grab one, I think they are nostalgic and great for a beginner. Gonna let my 10 year old daughter shoot this one and it be "hers". Hopefully it shoots as good as it looks, gonna try to go to the farm today!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast