Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FN FNAR Competition 7.62x51mm 20" Non-Restricted

why'd they discontinue this gun
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopsandwhich View Post
    why'd they discontinue this gun
    I didn't know they did but is that really hard to figure out? How many do you think they really sold?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I bought 2, gave one to my eldest boy, have my best one setup with a S&B for my precision shooting, and am ordering another one for the wavy times to come, that is 3 right there.

Think a Stag or a BLC-2 is a sweet rifle, you ought to try one of those, they are just exceptionnal.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

BANNED
    I agree. If I could afford it right now, I'd buy a second one in an instant. Hell, if there's still one for sale two months from now, I will.

Still can't decide on glass for the first one anyways, haha! Imo, this rifle was made to be fired offhand; and finding stellar, mid-range optics under a pound (and under 2 grand), has me spinning in circles. (accupoint tr20 might do?)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    This is regular shooting fot the FNAR Competition.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Had the standard version. Couldn’t get it to shoot consistently. It liked 168 gmm sometimes, but I could never get a good load developed for it. Ended up trading it away. I still don’t regret it.

Uber Super GunNutz
    A few places have them for a decent price of $1799 at Firearms Outlet and Durham Outdoors.
    Member of Ontario PC, CPC and CCFR

I second what Caramel says. I have the FNAR heavy, the thing is an absolute laser beam. Insanely accurate. Even fellow shooters at my local range are blown away with its accuracy.

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    eh fellow fn shooters .....roughly how many shots till the rifle is broken in ...you figure.....so I traded my heavy fn for a blue one ...doing load development and still the wench doesn’t wanna group...I took a break from shooting and reloading ....I tried caramels..load with varget ......hmmm I hear the high pitch steel “ping noise when I shoot it”....it’s a warm load for sure ...up in the 2800 + fps range ...I used magneto speed ..
    I don’t wanna destroy the fn but I’m very baffled by it
    Any help
    Thanks
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast