Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great experience at Tenda

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Do you go into Walmart, take what you want off the shelf, and pay, and then post online saying what a great experience it was even though you were provided no actual customer service?

My point is that despite the customer getting what they wanted, we’ve gotten to a point where people think as long as they have no issues that that’s somehow great service. Historically Tenda has had very mixed reviews and a lot of the positive ones are simply that, people who have had no issues but no real service.

To be honest the post from the OP seems kind of shilly. Part of this is also to see if they’ll delete my posts, as they have been known to do for anyone displaying the slightest whiff of criticism.
    Talk about YOUR experience if you have one with Tenda. So far you just be negative on a positive post from the OP. He is satistified with his transaction and thats what matter.. You don’t like it ? Go read something else. He is the one that make the purchase and posted about it after all - not you.
    Last edited by Janeau; 03-28-2019 at 03:35 PM.

CGN Regular
    I’m a repeat customer, good service

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    They're nice people in there, the shop is only about 2 minutes from where I work. I used to defend them when I heard negative customer service stories, but now that I've had a small one of my own...I'll keep my mouth shut. lol Not a huge deal, it was an item on sale I informed them I'd buy the following week....but the following week the price had almost doubled. I had the cash on the first visit, just wanted to confirm something with my rifle first. Brought the rifle in the following week (again, I said I was doing that..they didn't indicate the price would be back to nearly 2X the sale price) and as a result, I didn't buy. They offered to lower the price to within $20 of the sale price, which leads me to believe they could have honored the sale price to begin with. At that point, it wasn't a question of the $20, it just had a "bait & switch" feel to it. Not sure if it was/wasn't, but at the very least...I've decided that poor communication might be something to be concerned with when dealing with them. Funny aside (to me).. The woman I was talking to in the store said; "I'm not sure who you were talking to last week" and I pointed at the dude 2 feet away from me and said "that guy". And it was!

Anyhow, I'll continue to buy ammo/small stuff from Tenda and as mentioned, I think the people who run the place seem nice. Before this experience, I'd been in there maybe 5-6 times, and on almost every visit..bought stuff. Rimfire ammo, mags, case of 12ga target loads, etc. I'm mindful of retailers (CGN sponsors) I've dealt with on both coasts who have provided far superior customer service on my FIRST purchase with them. In spite of how close Tenda is, it's THOSE dealers that deserve my loyalty. Hopefully, it's just a question of growing pains for Tenda.

CGN Regular
    I only made this post sarcastically as it seems every few days someone makes a post about a bad experience where it's over waiting.... To me just don't deal with them anymore if theyre that bad.
    I've had nothing but bad experiences at irunguns, every single time and the gun shop in Windsor where they simply lied to me and were disrespectful, so I stopped going. Even blackbox customs took almost one year to cerakote my shotgun when they told me 6 weeks. I didn't make an entire post about it, but they'll figure it out when people stop going.

I have received at least half a dosen orders from Tenda and everything was great! Literally, met Canpar an hour ago with CamPro shipment.

Thanks Tenda!

s>

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Talk about YOUR experience if you have one with Tenda. So far you just be negative on a positive post from the OP. He is satistified with his transaction and thats what matter.. You don’t like it ? Go read something else. He is the one that make the purchase and posted about it after all - not you.
    I have made a few orders with Tenda. I received the goods in a reasonable timeframe. That does not mean their service is great. I have made a few orders where some items have been out of stock yet showed in stock on their website and consequently it took them a while for them to contact me for me to decide what to do. You’d think that after I decided to get a refund on the one item the remaining items would be shipped pretty much right away. But it sat for a few more days and the refund took a couple weeks to be processed. The out of stock items continued to show in stock after that. That’s not horrible service but also not what I’d call great.

These are my few experiences with them. My fellow club members order from them frequently due to the cheap prices and hope they don’t have any issues. I can’t speak for what exactly happened with them but there have frequently been issues, like sitting on an order for a month because something was out of stock without letting the customer know, or selling the last one of an item and then using it as a display model and saying a new one will be there within a week, which then turned into 6 weeks.

Tenda sold me a case of "re loadable" 308 which was berdan primed. They said it technically is re loadable because its brass rather then steel.
    Pretty weak Tenda. That was over a year ago and I've never ordered there since.

They sent me the wrong item. I emailed and no response. I called them and the person wasn't very helpful, I could barely understand him. I think they are sending me a pre-paid shipping box to send the item back. No idea if the item I actually ordered is in stock or when, if ever, I'll see it or if they'll refund me my money. They should hire some dedicated customer service employees that speak english as their first language. Great prices but I'll gladly pay a little extra next time to shop where there is some decent customer service in case any issues come up.

I have had a couple of orders from them and all went well but communication is not their strong point.
    Working towards Ultra Frequent Flyer status at a glacial pace!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    Tenda sold me a case of "re loadable" 308 which was berdan primed. They said it technically is re loadable because its brass rather then steel.
    Pretty weak Tenda. That was over a year ago and I've never ordered there since.
    Hertenberger?

There are two different types. They are exactly the same except for the markings. One of them is boxer the other berdan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast