Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First in Canada Dark Hour Defense Compensated Glock Stand Off Device!

Expired Business Member

First in Canada Dark Hour Defense Compensated Glock Stand Off Device!

First time ever in Canada - the Dark Hour Defense Compensated Glock Stand Off Device w/Rail - Glock 17 & Glock 19

Threaded barrel NOT required

• This model features an integrated muzzle brake/compensator & accessory rail to mount a flashlight
    • The compensator top ports keep the pistol flip to a minimum and reduces recoil while the added side ports reduce the felt recoil even further
    • Designed to keep the slide in battery to allow proper discharge if pressed against a solid object/target
    • Made from 7075 T6 aluminum
    • Mil-Spec Type 3 hard coat anodize (Black only)
    • Install device with blue thread locker on mounting screws.
    • All screws should be tightened to NO MORE than 15-20 inch pounds!
    • Compensated Stand Off Device weighs 3.1 oz

**Does not work with extended/threaded barrels or Polymer 80 frames**

Device is not rated for continuous +P/Hot ammo use.

Glock 17 $199.99

Glock 19 $199.99

Nice muzzle device. A few retailers had these for sale back in mid 2018 though.

" **Does not work with extended/threaded barrels or Polymer 80 frames**" what glock 19 will theses work with? The 19 Canadian edition?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Do they work on Gen 5s?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    " **Does not work with extended/threaded barrels or Polymer 80 frames**" what glock 19 will theses work with? The 19 Canadian edition?
    Also curious about this.
    Makes it seem like no Canadian Glock 19s would work with it. Is this correct?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SJK12 View Post
    Nice muzzle device. A few retailers had these for sale back in mid 2018 though.

Yup got mine before the dollar tanked 20%.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

CGN Regular
    Are there any options for holsters for these things? I bought one for a G17 and love it. It's pretty cool to have a frame mounted compensator, no extended $400 threaded barrel required. It's there when I want it, and if I want to remove it I don't have a threaded barrel sticking out the end. Plus, with the rail so you can keep a light or laser on it too.

I also noticed a difference in recoil. Second shots are quicker for sure. I don't know how much of that is the brake and how much is the added weight at the muzzle, but it does definitely make a difference. I'd estimate (totally not scientific, just subjective) about a 25% reduction in muzzle flip.

But...

What kind of holster could you possibly use? Any ideas? For one with a light? Are there firms making custom holsters (i.e. truly custom, not "select your pistol and your light from a dropdown menu" quasi-custom)
    Last edited by Astute Observer; 07-19-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Are there any options for holsters for these things? I bought one for a G17 and love it. It's pretty cool to have a frame mounted compensator, no extended $400 threaded barrel required. It's there when I want it, and if I want to remove it I don't have a threaded barrel sticking out the end. Plus, with the rail so you can keep a light or laser on it too.

I also noticed a difference in recoil. Second shots are quicker for sure. I don't know how much of that is the brake and how much is the added weight at the muzzle, but it does definitely make a difference. I'd estimate (totally not scientific, just subjective) about a 25% reduction in muzzle flip.

But...

What kind of holster could you possibly use? Any ideas? For one with a light? Are there firms making custom holsters (i.e. truly custom, not "select your pistol and your light from a dropdown menu" quasi-custom)
    Guga Ribas Holster could probably work since it's universal (you adjust it accordingly until there's no slack). Not sure with a light though.

CGN Regular
    Hey thanks for the response!

I ended up getting a holster from Gray Fox Strategic. I brought the pistol in to their shop in Ottawa, they did a 3D scan of it (without the light - they have models of each major light and I was using an InForce, which they had). So they have a template for a kydex holster for any G17 with the stand-off device with rail and compensator, with or without major lights on the market.
    Last edited by CGN Admin; 12-13-2019 at 10:31 AM.

I was at my local gun shop and at another more popular shop and both had this Dark Hour Compensated Glock Stand Off Device. The install was quick and it adds a little weight to front of the gun. My question to all of you is has anyone shot with it and what do you think about it. It seems like a good idea but I have not personally shot with it. Due to the fact that its frame mounted I don't think that there would be any issues with spring weights. Looking forward to your responses. Stay safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast