Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First in Canada Dark Hour Defense Compensated Glock Stand Off Device!

CGN Regular
    I shoot a G17 gen 5 MOS with it. No need to change any springs, it just works with all ammo.

After a couple thousand rounds - I can say definitively that I like it. It is the only brake that's super easy to remove and put back (no indexing) so stripping your pistol down isn't a chore. It works well enough for recoil and has no negative impact on reliable cycling

From the description this sounds like it would not work on my g19 Canadian edition. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    I shoot a G17 gen 5 MOS with it. No need to change any springs, it just works with all ammo.

After a couple thousand rounds - I can say definitively that I like it. It is the only brake that's super easy to remove and put back (no indexing) so stripping your pistol down isn't a chore. It works well enough for recoil and has no negative impact on reliable cycling

Astute Observer, Thanks for the info. I am looking at installing one of these on my Shadow System MR918L elite. Since its the same size as a G17 I think it will work well. I appreciate the honest review. For the price I cant go wrong.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroxace View Post
    Astute Observer, Thanks for the info. I am looking at installing one of these on my Shadow System MR918L elite. Since its the same size as a G17 I think it will work well. I appreciate the honest review. For the price I cant go wrong.
    Yeah, if it's a G17 clone it should work. Just confirm by looking at the muzzle (unloaded!!!) to make sure that the barrel clears (e.g. if your rail is slightly out of spec, say it's a few mm lower than on a stock glock, then you wouldn't want your bullet to clip the top of the brake's opening).

I have shot other buddies' pistols with brakes, and the Dark Hour Defence isn't quite as effective, it's like maybe 60-75% the recoil reduction as an Agency Arms 417. But it's WAY simpler, no tuning, no indexing. I like it because with it on, I can shoot IPSC open division, and with it off my gun is ok for production optics division. It's just very simple to use and set up, easy to take off or put back on.

Astute Observer I took your advice and purchased one. There appears to be no obvious clearance issue and I really don't anticipate one. I will be trying it at the range this week and will report bad with my findings. I have a Zev Pro V2 compensator that I am running on one of my other pistols so I will be able to do a comparison. Thanks again for your assistance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12