Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Idea for this falls election.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    This would be a lot of work for you and I would totally get why you wouldn’t want to do it and it’s a hypothetical anyways but what if we bought from you and then you took whatever percentage of the purchase and donated it in our name?
    Elections Canada would be all over it. You cannot donate in someone else's name. I ran a few scenarios and the CPC rejected them. They liked the idea, but knew they would not fly with Elections Canada. They would rather leave the scandals to the current PM.

We are still able to donate any amount we want, just not with any sort of revenue been generated by 1 party in the process.

What a great way to voice your opinion. Next firearm will come from Frontier!
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'd rather you offered this promotion with donations to a gun organization of your or the customers choosing. The NRA add a buck program is a great program, and every gun store, especially CSAAA members, should have this add a buck for your gun org option on every online check out, and retail sales people should be asking at check out.

DOn't focus on the conservatives alone. Its a losing strategy. Vote conservative if you want to but for our community to survive we have to engage with every party in order to get favourable policies. ANd the gun orgs can do this on our behalf.

PS the conservatives believe in a lot of garbage that has nothing to do with guns that many gun owners can't or won't support. So lets keep about the guns and not lose focus trying to hitch our wagon to a specific political party.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    We ran a donation portion (for Gun Orgs) on the site a few years back, unfortunately it only did about $110 over 3 months.

Please Frontier, reach out to the other dealers. You could stress to them; that this is the time for action, here's a small way to get started.

Very good idea.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck75 View Post
    Great idea. There's no point in pushing a conservative vote where I am in Vancouver as they're always a distant third. We as a group need to hammer all the ridings the conservatives either narrowly won or lost.
    If you are in a riding that is going to be a landslide CPC, or is one where the CPC have no hope, try to get to one of the narrowly won ridings to make your voice heard.

There are narrowly won ridings all over the place. Those candidates are often receptive to ideas.

BANNED
    Some times I wonder if CGN did a gofundme and all the active users sent $5

I mean look at home many people post regularly. That could raise some good cash and it's only $5.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    We ran a donation portion (for Gun Orgs) on the site a few years back, unfortunately it only did about $110 over 3 months.
    Geez we are such cheap bastards, and a lot of talk and not nearly as much action..no wonder we're at the edge of the cliff.

The buck campaign for the orgs is a good one, people can choose one jar CCFR, one CSSA, one NFA maybe with a little more forceful "suggestions" at the cash register...the times are now critical perhaps that might put more incentive.

Also perhaps re donations, have pre=printed donation forms, with envelopes and people can write out a cheque and put it in the pile to be mailed at the end of the day or the next morn.

I'd sure like a bumper sticker " Save Canada, Dump Trudeau"

Anyway, very happy to see you thinking about actions.. Bravo!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    you would get a tax receipt for the portion donated on your behalf
    (edited after reading thread) Not to be rude, but as long as the above quote is true I would support it donating to Conservatives and/or the Orgs. I refuse to "round up" or donate at the till (until this post) because 50 cents may be nothing to me, but the million dollar tax receipt for the company collecting it is (ex: Canadian Tire, Cabelas, etc with a lot of purchases to possibly add to). It's nice that a place is donating and matching for a charity; however, they not only get all the "feel good advertising and reputation" but they also get the tax write-off for my donation (and yours) too. I can easily add an extra $20-30 to a large order if I am getting the tax receipt, then the combined donations can make a difference.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Time to stack ammo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast