Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon! Beretta 92X Series - AND NOW THE 92G ELITE LTT IS HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jtrourke View Post
    Tell that to the U.S. Marine Corps Shooting teams that shoot accurized Berettas at 50 yds , one handed, and shoot bullseyes all day. Try that with your "better platforms".
    Try shooting the pistol numerous times while reloading and running. Oh sorry, you don't get my point because you're not a competitor.

The M9 is a duty pistol, end of story. Since the 80s people have tinkered with the gun for practical shooting purposes and every person who has tried has never made the pistol to be competition grade... And never will.

Beretta is just rehashing their old junk because the NEW duty pistol of the US is not theirs, which threatens their bottom line, and they're just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks, cue the entrance of these three models.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
    Try shooting the pistol numerous times while reloading and running. Oh sorry, you don't get my point because you're not a competitor.

The M9 is a duty pistol, end of story. Since the 80s people have tinkered with the gun for practical shooting purposes and every person who has tried has never made the pistol to be competition grade... And never will.

Beretta is just rehashing their old junk because the NEW duty pistol of the US is not theirs, which threatens their bottom line, and they're just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks, cue the entrance of these three models.

I’ve Noticed Berettas are common place in the Australian IPSC community, could be because a lack of availability of other pistols, but they seem to run them fairly good, I myself have used my beretta in a 3 gun match for fun and to see how it would do, it ran fine, while not quite as quick as my Tanfo or shadow 2, It had no issues on a windy dusty day.

I also agree beretta is grasping at new markets since they lost their contract, but they seemed to put the right things in the right places on this pistol, other than having a slightly higher bore axis, I think it will be a good competitive gun. All it will take is Beretta to sign and sponsor a few big name shooters and it will be off to the races.

Also not seeing much negativity about it on the American forums.

IMO price is about $300-$400 too high given proven competition are already within that price range,
    But hey, looks at the new Q5 SF, that thing is very expensive and unproven but they will fly off the shelves!
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Regular
    Looks really nice. I dont like the look of the oversized magazine pad though. Also this gun seems ot be a few hundred overpriced. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
    Beretta thinks they can make a competition gun after years and years of IPSC competitors using better platforms available that have withstood the test of time?

Not sure of anyone else smells it, but the stench of bs is strong.

This is just an attempt to roil popular appeal for a failed platform in the pistol sports world... They're just trying to stay relevant and afloat in a market that already knows the fallacies of this gun.
    Please go ahead and tell us all the fallacies of this gun.
    Don't worry, go plinking, be happy!!

I’m not a competitive shooter. I think the gun looks great! The only thing that it doesn’t have that I’m really looking for in a pistol these days Is “dedicated screws”........sorry I couldn’t resist��

On a serious note I’ve wanted a 92 since I was a kid, I really like this one and then the Wilson combat. Any Beretta product I’ve ever owned exceeded my expectations. Hopefully their quality does not go the way a lot of other products are going these days.

Really wish this allowed for bigger hands and to be able to grip up higher so you are more in line with the slide

While this pistol is aimed at IPSC, a true factory bullseye pistol would be appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrourke View Post
    Tell that to the U.S. Marine Corps Shooting teams that shoot accurized Berettas at 50 yds , one handed, and shoot bullseyes all day. Try that with your "better platforms".
    CSSA(OHA) member since 1995
    SFC member since 1995
    NCCP Shooting Coach
    Target Shooter - ISSF & Black Powder

Ben Soteger shot with Beretta 92 for years, became Grand Master with it and was world champion in ipsc production.

JJ Racazza, currently shoots in Beretta team with this pistol.

This is not a 92, the weight distribution is different and it is a very fast shooting pistol. Eduardo de Cobos also sponsored by Beretta and winning with it. There are videos of Eduardo knocking 8 inch plates at 50 meters no problem. Go to his facebook.

This gun is going to be a hit. It is already raving pretty strong in the production division.

Owned tanfos, and shadows... to each its own, all have pluses and minuses and they are NOT all the same.

The quality of a tanfo is cringe worthy, however, once the kinks are ironed out the gun shoots better than any shadow. Both, the 75 platform and the beretta 92 were designed in 1972. So there goes that ‘argument’.

I dunno, as much I like to hate this gun. I think it is going to be the new platform dominating ipsc production. It already is. Cz has simply embraced the sport a lot sooner and therefore has a better understanding of the business, the competition biz that is. Beretta is going all in, with younger team leaders promoting the brand not only with young top class shooter but with younger people managing the company, now jumping on the competition world would be refreshing for beretta. Their craftsmanship is perfect and anything they put out oozes quality. They have that and also they have a huge following in the USA with the 92 having earned great reputation for being the gun that replaced another iconic gun, the 1911, add to this some pop culture being the gun that has been in hollywood a gazillion times, it is a nostalgia bomb.

This kind of precedent is hard to beat.

The gun is already winning all matches in the hands of Cobos in Europe, now will dominate USA with JJ Racazza. This is the end of the shadow/tanfo era. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscript.
    ;15834973

Last edited by Avenida; 09-08-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Is a “match” take down lever similar to the “match” safety offered in mx10 rifles?

CGN Regular
    Price needs to be less than a shadow 2 or they will never sell any. It’s twice the price of a shadow 1 and no way in hell its twice as good. Extremely nice gun though. I would want one just to have one