Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLACK CREEK LABS 102 c.308 WIN 18.6" BARREL NON RESTRICTED BCL102

I got mine in June of last year (Gen 2?), and I am on my second case of 750 rounds of Hirtinburger.
    I did have some FTF in the first 200 rounds, and then after that, no issues at all.
    Last week I did install a Geissele Super Semi-Auto Enhanced Trigger (SSA-E) I picked up here from a member, and I had the rifle up at the range yesterday, again no issues at 150 rounds.

I did find that it really helped to keep the BCG really wet with full synthetic oil during the break-in period, now it just runs.

I thought I was shooting well until these two showed up.
    They kept putting bullets in the same holes... so I just gave up!

Last edited by RAConnol; 04-01-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    thought they were on gen 3? could be wrong
    BCL shut down customer service and manufacturing for two months and has just now started back up, so I doubt it.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/01...t-black-creek/

Business Member
    Range day today! New rifle out of box no oiling. Over 300rds but about 5-6 FTE at beginning, not bad.

50Yds target sight in, my 3rd grouping is best within 1 inch.

Name:  微信图片_20190407184326.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  145.5 KB

Name:  微信图片_20190407184438.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  108.1 KB

Name:  微信图片_20190407184419.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  74.1 KB

Name:  微信图片_20190407184414.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  88.0 KB

CGN frequent flyer
    Range day today! New rifle out of box no oiling. Over 300rds but about 5-6 FTE at beginning, not bad.

With a new gun, why would you not give it a thorough cleaning and lubing, then go to the range?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff B View Post

With a new gun, why would you not give it a thorough cleaning and lubing, then go to the range?
    We call it tough test,

Absolutely terrible platform! Bought November failed outta the box, received a BCG before the ghost out failed, sent back to bcl they replaced BCG and upper FAILED, returned rifle to be completely replaced but due to track record I requested video of function test of the new rifle, rifle was able get through a 10rnd mag but casings were ejected in multiple different directions so I shared the video with a gunsmith and he agreed that I should point it out so I did. BCL stopped the shipment and I asked multiple times through email and phone to speak with someone before this rifle is sent to ensure it in fact with work but no reply came until I received a shipping notice and then received an email “stating” that everything was fixed with no actual proof anything had actually been done. Might as well purchase a stag10 for the cost of upgrades required to get the rifle functioning properly and even then you still only have a BCL

CGN Regular
    Mine had a few FTE FTF when I first got my BCL 102 in the first 60 rounds. Contacted BCL they sent me a new ejector kit but I had already replaced the gas rings. The only other thing I did was lube it up really well and it has easily now shot 300 more rounds without one issue. I’d rather deal with a Canadian company than one from the U.S and on top of that pay more money. Not this cookie! Oh yeah the gas rings cost me 6.95$ for 3 sets of 3. So I still have the complete ejector kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crichter View Post
    Absolutely terrible platform! Bought November failed outta the box, received a BCG before the ghost out failed, sent back to bcl they replaced BCG and upper FAILED, returned rifle to be completely replaced but due to track record I requested video of function test of the new rifle, rifle was able get through a 10rnd mag but casings were ejected in multiple different directions so I shared the video with a gunsmith and he agreed that I should point it out so I did. BCL stopped the shipment and I asked multiple times through email and phone to speak with someone before this rifle is sent to ensure it in fact with work but no reply came until I received a shipping notice and then received an email “stating” that everything was fixed with no actual proof anything had actually been done. Might as well purchase a stag10 for the cost of upgrades required to get the rifle functioning properly and even then you still only have a BCL
    Stag 10 has its issues and break in requirements too. I was shooting with a new one 3 weeks ago (not mine) that was FTF and FTE almost every other round.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

300 rds through mine in 2 range trips with assorted hunting rds, bulk federal and hirtinburger with xcr pistol mags with 2 fte’s, guess I got lucky. The but stock is a terrible design though.
    Adam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12