Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipment Exchange Etiquette

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Hemi
    My 2 cents worth:
    1) he should have given you a chance to respond - in which case you would come and get it. Most other guys would for sure allow you time to respond (see 4)

2) NO, you do not need to send an EMT for a F2F happening later in the same day (however some sellers wants this and I can tell you why - i was stood up twice by the same guy on a F2F deal) so if you pay first they know you are going to show up and if that is what he wanted he should say so

3) No offence to you my friend but "i want it" is not the same as "I will take it"...been there, done that, got the T shirt...guys say they want it, I meet them, then they want to negotiate....nope.

4) some guys are tied to their phone - I am not one of them, also the wifi where I work doesn't allow me to connect to CGN. So some guys set up their profile such that all PM's sent to them will also send a message of the PM to your email - you may want to set up your profile so that you immediately get emails

5) Don't let one guy ruin your day. There are lots of great guys on this forum, but there is no shortage of jerks either. You will figure out which are which.

Hey Bigbubba, thanks for your insights and no offence taken at all.
    When I told the seller "I want it" I actually offered more than his asking price (yeah, I really wanted that one). If the seller had suggested EMT I would have. I do check emails periodically during the day but not when on the road much, too high consequences these days.
    I guess I was just shocked and so am trying to figure out where and how I erred when what I thought was pretty much a done deal was being shopped around quite literally within an hour or two, from a guy whose feedback is all positive.
    Last edited by HemiTO; 03-30-2019 at 02:04 PM.

I messaged 2 people over 1911s they were selling. One never got back to me, nor was online for over a week ( who lists a gun and don't check often? ) After a week the other guy got back to me. But wasn't going to buy a gun, with a lame only open slide single photo. Asked for more photos, well that was a week ago.

Their loss, because I ended up finding what I wanted.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN frequent flyer
    I wouldn’t be surprised if you are sometimes the first one to say I’ll take it but the buyer goes with someone else for whatever reason. There have been plenty of items I have said I will take it to with in minutes of it being posted only to hear it’s gone.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MattE93 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if you are sometimes the first one to say I’ll take it but the buyer goes with someone else for whatever reason. There have been plenty of items I have said I will take it to with in minutes of it being posted only to hear it’s gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattE93 View Post
    Should have defintley given you more time especially with how much interest the rifle had. If I sell something that only a couple people message about it goes to the first person to send EMT regardless of who says I’ll take it first. The reason being that with limited interest you can’t always afford to wait around. IN this case they should have waited as it sounds like there was lots of interest.
    I’m sorry but do you not see the irony of your posts? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by HemiTO View Post
    Hey Bigbubba, thanks for your insights and no offence taken at all.
    When I told the seller "I want it" I actually offered more than his asking price (yeah, I really wanted that one). If the seller had suggested EMT I would have. I do check emails periodically during the day but not when on the road much, too high consequences these days.
    I guess I was just shocked and so am trying to figure out where and how I erred when what I thought was pretty much a done deal was being shopped around quite literally within an hour or two, from a guy whose feedback is all positive.
    I don't think you erred at all. It was obvious that you wanted it but the seller probably offered it up to anyone after the initial deal feel through. I feel he should have given you more time to respond but some sellers will renege on an agreement if someone else shows up before you. I understand that the deal isn't done until paid for but in my opinion if an agreement is made you should give some time for that transaction to be completed before you move on to the next potential buyer. Not everyone feels that way these days.

CGN frequent flyer
    Yeah I do probably didn’t explain them well enough. If someone keeps responding to me I’ll stick with them, but I’ve had people say they’ll take it then go silent for a day or two which you can’t afford with items that aren’t attracting much interest

What I meant is if someone says I’ll take it and two minutes later someone says I’ll take it but also sends details and a prompt EMT number 2 is who I would probably go with. How you say I’ll take it is sometimes important

What really disappointed me I guess is that on Thursday I contacted the seller twice, mentioning that I could pick it up later that same day, even offering an extra $100 over the asking price. Nope, was holding it for the first buyer but would let me know if it fell through. So the next day I get notification that its available and am I interested. I respond yes, and ask for a number. By the time I get home it's already sold. The first prospective buyer gets a day to show, reasonable enough I guess, but then I don't even get a couple hours.
    Boggles my mind.

CGN frequent flyer
    Yeah seems unreasonable for sure

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    If your buying something, just pay for it, it only takes 3 minutes to send an EMT.
    You can do it on a bathroom break lol.
    And I’ve sold stuff on the EE and waited until the next day to get paid, though not agreed upon, but I waited anyway.
    I just don’t buy the , I’m to busy to send an EMT.
    As I said, you can do it in 3 minutes.

If I say I’ll take it, I send money instantly,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast