Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSE Calgary M14/ M1A 2 Day 27-28 July 2019 Beg/ADV Clinics

Business Member

TSE Calgary M14/ M1A 2 Day 27-28 July 2019 Beg/ADV Clinics

I’m So happy to be back on the road once again (cue in Willie Nelson song) ....

This summer, I’ve got a very tight time line to head out west to Alberta and BC (both my sons are out in BC) but I have a two day window of opportunity to deliver an M14 clinic beyond the usual ONE day effort that I’ve been doing for over 15-16 years now! Holy chit, TWO whole days!

Where:

The Shooting Edge
    510 77 Avenue S.E. Bay #4
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    T2H 1C3

Tel. 403.720.4867

When:

Saturday 27 July 2019 Beginner or Entry level Tuning tweaking

And / or

Sunday 28 July 2019

Advanced M14 Tweaking (glass bedding, rebarreling, chamber cutting)

Timings:

0900 - 1600 hrs. Both days! This will match the store hours give or take

Cost:

$60 for each day you attend....let me know if you are signing up for single day or both days($120) or you can choose ONLY the Advanced class...

Registration and Payment:

EMT the $120 or $60 to me with this information:

Name: Tactical Teacher
    Question: What was your OLD CGN handle? I was not always tacticalteacher, you know.
    Answer: hungry (low caps, no spaces) that way I cannot screw things up
    Email: hungry556 AT bell.net

Somewhere in the EMT, remind me of your CGN handle AND which clinic it's for (PR or CQB or M14)

RBC tweaked my EMT software into direct deposit...so EMT process may be shorter!

What is involved:

- Tools for tweaking, tools to avoid, tools that are nice to have but expensive, tools that are overrated and too expensive
    - Gadgets that are nice to have, need to have, and useless to have (but I had to buy it to show you)
    - Tools that you can make yourself instead of buying, tools that you can have buddies (owe you favors) make up for you
    - Stripping the boomstick (you will be surprised at what I can show you)
    - YES we will try to pull your rear sights apart, and then get serious with them
    - Assembling the boomstick, and what to look for so that worthwhile tweaks can be or should be made
    - Tweaks that work, tweaks that don't work, expensive tweaks so yer dick does not fall off
    - Useless tweaks unless you have more money than shooting ability (many stories to follow at the clinic)
    - Common pitfalls, expensive tweaks that work, more ways to ensure that yer dick don't fall off
    - Lunch and then tweaking in the afternoon to tighten up your prized M14
    - Lots of networking and socializing all the time. This is priceless.

Advanced Tuning

- I am Set up to do indexing....have my large hitch mounted vise and pickup truck!
    - we can rebarrel your receiver, Norinco receivers, get rid of that set screw on right side
    - I can finish ream your newly installed Criterion / Citadel Barrel (M1 Garand also)
    - Glass bedding: bring along your own Black & Decker Workmate (clamping and access to bedding surfaces)

Things to bring for Day 1:

* Your M14 rifle or receiver(s) with barrel(s) to be installed
    * Your M14 (or two if you got them)
    * Notebook, pens, digital camera, rags,
    * Ball peen hammer, Allen keys SAE and Metric
    * Punches, screwdrivers, more punches
    * Plastic or rubber mallet, wood block or 2 or 3
    * Masking tape, duct tape
    * Anybody got a Black and Decker Workmate? Bring it along, leave it inside the car/truck until we need it.
    * Wanna assemble your IDF Parts kit from Wolverine? We can do that, too!

Day 2

* more masking tape and all the above tools for any unforeseen issues/concerns/fzckups.... I
    * bedding compound of your choice, JB Weld is fine , so is JB Quick, Devcon, Marine Tex, Acraglass
    * your own Black & Decker Workmate for you glass bedding types
    * glassing a wood stock....strip all varnish and lacquer and oils from the wood
    * USGI glass stock require very minimal preparation, paint stripping maybe?
    * Dremel tool with your own bits for the stock preparation (didn’t I tell you this is an advanced class?)
    * Acetone bottle, paper towels, box Kleenex , more Acetone ( I have small bottle)
    * I bring the release agent, but you can bring PAM, carnauba wax, neutral shoe polish, furniture paste wax
    * QTips, popsicle sticks , I have medicine/pill cups
    * I will attempt to bring my own personal favourites and share them with you

Questions?

Bring them on! Especially for you M1A owners wishing to glass bed your beloved LRB , Bula, JRA, M1A Loaded, NM , Standard models!

Cheers and warm regards,

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 04-01-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Business Member
    Beginner Class Saturday 27 July 2019...

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)

Advanced M1A Tuning Class

1) DavidTA
    2) Dad from PA, SK
    3) Son from PA, SK
    4)
    5)
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 08-14-2019 at 09:46 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    Yay! Barney -- I'm in for the advanced class...check your account...$60 incoming!

[not an April Fool...]

By the way...will this work include filling in the Selector switch gap on GI fiberglass stocks?
    Last edited by Tengoo; 04-01-2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Not an April Foolie...
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengoo View Post
    Yay! Barney -- I'm in for the advanced class...check your account...$60 incoming!

[not an April Fool...]

By the way...will this work include filling in the Selector switch gap on GI fiberglass stocks?
    DavidTA:

I just got that $60 EMT for the Advanced class!

Glassing any M14 stock? Bring your own Black & Decker Workmate. It’s the best tool for any glass bedding project when you are far from home. Beg, borrow, or steal your buddy’s B&D Workmate!

Now about filling in the USGI glass stock selector switch gap....YES we can do this!! Bring along a tube set of JB Quick...fast setting and quick to work with especially for the gap...if you employed the 45 minute JB Weld, now you are waiting all night or overnight so that you can get working on the actual glassing of that barreled receiver!

I will bring some JB Quick from Cambodian Tire and /or Princess Auto!

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 04-02-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Great to see you here Barney; any Pistol or Carbine clinic...?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Great to see you here Barney; any Pistol or Carbine clinic...?
    I tried to arrange a weekend clinic with the kind folks at the CDTSA Milo club , but my son threw a monkey wrench into that plan by booking a venue (they book a year or two out) for his wedding and then all the plan changing / shuffling took place. Time parameters for my road trip got shuffled (again and again). So this is the best out of a deteriorating situation, so it got a tad bit busy and ugly. To complicate things my wife wants to fly into YYC for my single day drive down to the coast and on to Victoria for the wedding!

As many of you know my calendar takes up many of my weekends and I really miss driving out west on my road trips. I even tried flying west for 2017 and 2018...still miss you guys out there! I had this window to drive out there and now my son just adds to the joy (hahahahaha)

I shall be back next spring of 2020, we will see how the time permits. One thing for sure is that with the advent of rimfire PRS and other PRS matches around Ontario, I’ve been getting stretched....I guess that’s a good thing! Hahahahaha

Cheers, Barney

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    I tried to arrange a weekend clinic with the kind folks at the CDTSA Milo club , but my son threw a monkey wrench into that plan by booking a venue (they book a year or two out) for his wedding and then all the plan changing / shuffling took place. Time parameters for my road trip got shuffled (again and again). So this is the best out of a deteriorating situation, so it got a tad bit busy and ugly. To complicate things my wife wants to fly into YYC for my single day drive down to the coast and on to Victoria for the wedding!

As many of you know my calendar takes up many of my weekends and I really miss driving out west on my road trips. I even tried flying west for 2017 and 2018...still miss you guys out there! I had this window to drive out there and now my son just adds to the joy (hahahahaha)

I shall be back next spring of 2020, we will see how the time permits. One thing for sure is that with the advent of rimfire PRS and other PRS matches around Ontario, I’ve been getting stretched....I guess that’s a good thing! Hahahahaha

Cheers, Barney
    All the best with the wedding, wish the new family health, wealth and luck...!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post

Glassing any M14 stock? Bring your own Black & Decker Workmate. It’s the best tool for any glass bedding project when you are far from home. Beg, borrow, or steal your buddy’s B&D Workmate!
    Now about filling in the USGI glass stock selector switch gap....YES we can do this!! Bring along a tube set of JB Quick...fast setting and quick to work with especially for the gap...if you employed the 45 minute JB Weld, now you are waiting all night or overnight so that you can get working on the actual glassing of that barreled receiver!

I will bring some JB Quick from Cambodian Tire and /or Princess Auto!
    Awesome, Barney...and good work figuring out who booked in...I forgot to mention my handle here.

I'll grab some JB Quick too, and I'm pretty sure I can borrow a Workmate. Yes, I have a GI fiberglass stock, and although I find it to be pretty solid, solider is better, right?

Is it worth doing the same thing to an original Norc stock? I have one that's been painted and topcoated with satin Krylon, and it works a lot better than the smooth plastic.

Can hardly wait!
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

Business Member
    Showering in gym now. Will get back to you about Norinco stocks Heh Heh Heh...

Okay, that USGI glass stock is a perfect candidate!...don’t glass bed a plastic Norinco stock since the epoxy won’t bond to the plastic (already made with petroleum products) and you might be disappointed. Just stay away from silly surprises when working with a Norinco plastic stock

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 04-29-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Business Member
    Still lots of room here for my M14 lovers in Alberta!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast