Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Stickers !!!!

No Stickers !!!!

New barrel set for an over / under Sabbatti, came with a big item number sticker - huge pain in the azz to get it all off . Seems wrong when you worried about taking off the bluing just to remove the crap left over from a sticker
    Ps barrels are great & gun closes like a bank vault
    ALL CANADIAN STUDENTS SHOULD LEARN ABOUT LEO MAJOR
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Major

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Curiosity: stickers from the manufacturer or from TradeEx?

If the manufacturer I don't blame them. I had a motorcycle a long time ago that had a huge 6" x 12" factory safety sticker on top of the tank (wear helmet, no children, blah, blah, blah...). Asked dealer to remove it: they said they could not by law. Long story short Internet said use a hair dryer, no chemicals because it would ruin the top coat. I had to run the tank dry and heat the sticker to (what felt like to me) a bazillion degrees with a paint stripper, sweating bullets I'd bake off the pain or ignite gasoline/petrol fumes to get it off. I told the dealer about this and the mechanic overheard me. He laughed and said that is why they truly refuse to remove them: they don't want to be liable for a new gas tank paint job.

If it was TradeEx... probably typical anti-sticker removal glue used in most retail stuff. That sh!t is horrid, but normally I see why.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Curiosity: stickers from the manufacturer or from TradeEx?

If the manufacturer I don't blame them. I had a motorcycle a long time ago that had a huge 6" x 12" factory safety sticker on top of the tank (wear helmet, no children, blah, blah, blah...). Asked dealer to remove it: they said they could not by law. Long story short Internet said use a hair dryer, no chemicals because it would ruin the top coat. I had to run the tank dry and heat the sticker to (what felt like to me) a bazillion degrees with a paint stripper, sweating bullets I'd bake off the pain or ignite gasoline/petrol fumes to get it off. I told the dealer about this and the mechanic overheard me. He laughed and said that is why they truly refuse to remove them: they don't want to be liable for a new gas tank paint job.

If it was TradeEx... probably typical anti-sticker removal glue used in most retail stuff. That sh!t is horrid, but normally I see why.

Tradex sticker , if it’s really important- put it in a spot that would be covered by the front stock . It’s just a rant but honestly a little fore thought / care goes a long way .

CGN Regular
    There's a special place in hell for companies who use stickers that aren't easily removable.

CGN Regular
    Peanut butter will get it off. Rub it into the adhesive and paper, rub it all off when it has penetrated the unwanted sticker material.

WD-40 will also do the trick, saturate the remaining sticker residue, let it sit for 10 minutes or so and the residue should rub off easily with paper towel or cloth. May take a couple of true to get it all, but it will come off. This also works for plastics, glass etc.
    ~~'Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids'~~

CGN Regular
    acetone or goo gone. neither of those will take off the blueing. acetone is usually my first choice now.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Isopropyl can work but requires testing so it won't ruin certain finishes or paints

Thx guys , I used wd40 and I was having a rant . Amazing what a good single malt will do for your piece of mind

Not sure how it stacks up with the other chemicals suggested, but for the last 30+ years, I've been using Ronson Lighter fluid to get the crap off, that's left behind by stickers. You can even use it on painted surfaces - unlike acetone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast