CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gun storage solutions slat wall sniper holders? Any chance you stock them?

I like the Gallow tech system and had a small system from them in the past. I'd buy if someone was doing a big import.

Quote Originally Posted by dagarb View Post
    FYI, the slatwall sniper pistol holders do not work with Proslat walls. Other pegs and baskets and stuff worked fine. The snipers need a gap on the bottom of the slat, not just on the top, to sit properly. Inside each slat the Proslat wall is flat on the bottom.

Someday I'll get around to selling those slatwall snipers.
    Your right. I just zoomed in. The wall has a bottom portion cutout. Not just typical top.

I still have my old gun hangers for the safe. I tried them. It actually works. Nice and stiff where it wont fall out.. just uploading a pic to show you incase anyone decides to do it.

Still have another 8 boards to up. And get a proper safe/vault door. Its going to turn out real nice.

I looked at pegboards 1st. I have some set up for tools. I just like the slat wall look at some guns shops where there displayed. I love the more expensive gun wall looks from the usa retailers but i hate the shipping times, duty fees, customs, usd conversion, etc

Plus they have a bug enough economy. I rather give my money locally. There's a good chance that individual will spend his money locally too. I bought the wall and hooks from a mom and pop shop

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Hey guys~I work in the custom display business...what exactly are you guys trying to pull-off, and what are "slat wall sniper holders?". "Slatwall" can be plastic, but is usually MDF with or without alumunum or PVC extruded inserts. Standard "Slatwall hooks" work in the MDF, nothing exotic about those. Can anyone post photos? Computer I'm on currently is a dinosaur..most links don't work. lol

Or not, just curious to see what people are trying to achieve.
    Flush the TURD 2019

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    tagged

I bought metal pegboards at Canadian Tire and mounted them into the wall with concrete screws.
    When I die, don't let my girlfriend sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

CSSA|CCFR

I've seen Minute Men Gun Racks used nicely. I'd like to see something in Canada that is a trigger lock that can me mounted into a stud or something similar.
    Name:  guns.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  61.0 KB
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    I was looking at the secure it storage as it would work well in the gun closet I have. There was a distributor in Canada but they don't seem to be anymore. I was hoping to start buying pieces and slowly get it up to what I want. Anyone know of any Canadian retailers for this? I need the vertical rack style storage. I don't have the extra real estate to display rifles horizontally.

Alternatively I also considered the aluminum peg board sold at Princess Auto. The only issue was finding good and not too ridiculously priced gun rack components for pegboard that would work well for vertical rack storage. Most seem to be sheet metal that has the scratch up my rifle barrel look to it. I guess I could add some rubber or padding. Anyone know of some good components to accomplish the vertical stack like the secure it storage only with pegboard?

Last edited by Epoxy7; 04-02-2019 at 02:33 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunjeep24 View Post
    Your right. I just zoomed in. The wall has a bottom portion cutout. Not just typical top.

I still have my old gun hangers for the safe. I tried them. It actually works. Nice and stiff where it wont fall out.. just uploading a pic to show you incase anyone decides to do it.

Still have another 8 boards to up. And get a proper safe/vault door. Its going to turn out real nice.
    I have a fundamental issue with any system that uses a hanger in the barrel from the crown. I know it's coated etc. But I really don't like the idea of anything potentially damaging the barrel crown. I don't need any extra excuses for a bad day at the range!!

Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    Hey guys~I work in the custom display business...what exactly are you guys trying to pull-off, and what are "slat wall sniper holders?". "Slatwall" can be plastic, but is usually MDF with or without alumunum or PVC extruded inserts. Standard "Slatwall hooks" work in the MDF, nothing exotic about those. Can anyone post photos? Computer I'm on currently is a dinosaur..most links don't work. lol

Or not, just curious to see what people are trying to achieve.

This is sort of what I envision.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast