CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gun storage solutions slat wall sniper holders? Any chance you stock them?

Quote Originally Posted by DUC_Dali View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Slot wall provides no means to actually SECURE your Restricted firearms, which means you're not meeting the lawful 'Display' requirements. AND, if you were inspected by the ol' RCMP, you would be found in violation of criminal code for improper storage no?
    If they're in your living room, then yeah, big time. But if you have this type of setup inside of a fortified room or vault, then it should be OK as long as they're trigger locked.

Quote Originally Posted by jrusseller View Post
    I have the same slatwall. What hooks are you using?
    Factory Proslat rubber coated hooks. Can be seen at the top of many mounting plates.

Very nice setup! Affordable too.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

You don't know what kind of room it is. What i see is not a display. Its not a rifle hanging over the fireplace but a room that is turned into a vault. Reinforced cement walls with heavy duty steel door.. His own private walk in vault.

I haven't come across a firearm owner who has a quite big collection that doesn't do his upmost to secure his collection.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    For a 10 rifle horizontal setup plus extras for all the goodies...about 6ft high by 10 ft wide...2K delivered.
    wow... out of my budget, but looks nice. Thanks for letting us know

Quote Originally Posted by sunjeep24 View Post
    You don't know what kind of room it is. What i see is not a display. Its not a rifle hanging over the fireplace but a room that is turned into a vault. Reinforced cement walls with heavy duty steel door.. His own private walk in vault.

I haven't come across a firearm owner who has a quite big collection that doesn't do his upmost to secure his collection.
    I understand what you're saying but that's not what the requirement says; in other words I'm questioning if the 'vault/room' claim suffices? because it's not referenced here.

Display of Restricted Firearms and Prohibited Firearms

9 (1) An individual may display a restricted firearm or a prohibited firearm in a dwelling-house only if

(a) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is unloaded;

(b) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device;

(c) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is securely attached to a non-portable structure in such a manner that it cannot readily be removed;

(d) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is not displayed with and is not readily accessible to ammunition that can be discharged from it; and

(e) in the case of an automatic firearm that has a removable bolt or bolt-carrier, the bolt or bolt-carrier is removed and stored in a room that is different from the room in which the automatic firearm is displayed, that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into.
    Machinist : somebody who makes sh*t you can't

I understand what you're saying but that's not what the requirement says; in other words I'm questioning if the 'vault/room' claim suffices? because it's not referenced here.

9 (1) An individual may display a restricted firearm or a prohibited firearm in a dwelling-house only if

(b) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device;

(c) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is securely attached to a non-portable structure in such a manner that it cannot readily be removed;

(d) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is not displayed with and is not readily accessible to ammunition that can be discharged from it; and

(e) in the case of an automatic firearm that has a removable bolt or bolt-carrier, the bolt or bolt-carrier is removed and stored in a room that is different from the room in which the automatic firearm is displayed, that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into.
    I think this is a photo of his storage not his display? Pull up the storage law and it says (paraphrasing here) you're all good if it's in a room designed for firearm storage.

You're assuming this is an open display. I would assume this is in a room designed to make it difficult to get into. Typically, someone with that many firearms has a decent understanding of gun laws.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    Yeah...those are US. I prefer not to deal with customs unless necessary.
    Securit has Canadian dealers. But it ain't cheap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotchline View Post
    I think this is a photo of his storage not his display? Pull up the storage law and it says (paraphrasing here) you're all good if it's in a room designed for firearm storage.
    Bang on, not openly displayed. Load bearing cement walled room. Steel frame and door. As you can see trigger locks on all restricted firearms as well.
    Last edited by Hrcboy; 04-06-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Secure It can be bought from Richmond, BC. Gun supply store called West Coast Hunting Supplies, that is if they still carry it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast