CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Gun storage solutions slat wall sniper holders? Any chance you stock them?

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer686 View Post
    Just got a quote for my particular application: just under $6k plus shipping!
    Ouch. I won’t be going that route.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    If you can, talk to your own cfo about it. It's their job, even if they don't think it is, to serve the public and answering questions like that is apart of it.
    I have email to back up what I was told. I'm no lawyer but I'm hoping that covers my ass.
    I'm also going beyond what was recommended. Keeping criminals off my property and out of my house is priority #1. Cameras, security, and good neighbours.
    Thanks, I will do that and yes I will be going over and above, I also have safes in the gun room and a seperate room within that for ammo( pretty much full already) was just hoping to stay away from the trigger locks by having layers of security ie. secure gun room plus safes or some other kind of locking set up when I build a display wall with ing the room! I am renovating the house starting soon and want to have two seperate alarm systems also.

" Those who hammer their guns into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    2 layers of drywall is not much less secure than a 12 gun Stackon Cabinet.

Why people seem to think it needs to be a bank vault is beyond me. Desirable yes, legally required no.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    2 layers of drywall is not much less secure than a 12 gun Stackon Cabinet.

Why people seem to think it needs to be a bank vault is beyond me. Desirable yes, legally required no.
    If you put a wire mesh in between the layers of drywall it slows down cutting through the wall. You would have to know it’s there first. Wrong saw blade and you aren’t doing much. Would also hold it together better if you tried kicking through it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Is the steel door an industrial/ commercial one or like an exterior steel home type door, that is what I have, maybe need to step up to commercial! I have 3 concrete and a plywood wall now and the ply wood one will be brick/blocked up in the next few months door will be double dead bolt, one top and one bottom and locking door handle!
    I think having a proper frame is just as important as having a proper steel door. Mine is commercial grade but a good exterior steel is sufficient as long as you have a good frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrcboy View Post
    I think having a proper frame is just as important as having a proper steel door. Mine is commercial grade but a good exterior steel is sufficient as long as you have a good frame.
    Yes I was going to fill between the frame and 2x4 and have steel angle iron around for trim so they can't jimmy it, still looking for the commercial door too, might run both with the new wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer686 View Post
    Just got a quote for my particular application: just under $6k plus shipping!
    At least you got a quote out of them. They must be getting alot of calls/emails from the CGN crew. I got message back saying they don't publish a price list and to give them item numbers for what I want. Did that a week ago and still no answer.
    NIB Cooper 57M Jackson Squirrel now up on the EE - save yourself some big money over retail.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet lone-wolf's Avatar
    The idea of people crap in the walls, basically creating death traps for any firefighters imo, likely will never be an issue but that's all I can imagine - some poor soul trying to get out of a room full of burning ammo and the wall has some dumb redneck wire mesh in it.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Give me a sword, that I might free my country from slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    The idea of people crap in the walls, basically creating death traps for any firefighters imo, likely will never be an issue but that's all I can imagine - some poor soul trying to get out of a room full of burning ammo and the wall has some dumb redneck wire mesh in it.
    I see what you are saying but that would apply to any secure/ fortified room, but reminded me of an important addition, a fire extinguisher!!! Door would be unlocked while I was in the room and the ammo room is on the opposite side from the door. Perhaps a sprinkler setup too!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567