Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Black Creek Labs BCL-102 .308Win 18.6" Non-Restricted

Can I trade in my lemon from the first run for something that works? Accuracy is spread about 14 inches at 100 yards! I started a warranty claim, but it was before this "Ron" fella took over. Maybe time to try again...
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

I'd also like to figure out how to tell the gen's apart.

Another thing I noticed. All the BCL102's I've seen online have been with a black barrel and muzzle brake.

recently I saw one (burnt bronze, or so he said) that was "stock", no mods, but yet it had a different muzzle brake and a stainless barrel??

Could these be the potential difference between gen's, or is something fishy??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    ^^^ BCL did put a few out with a stainless barrel.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Got my gen2 from SFRC on the march madness sale. I only have about 200 rounds or so down her tube. She spits (extracts) just fine and produces MOA at 100yrds. (With handloads). However It is hard to tell the difference between gens here. If you want a stock .308 semi for cheap that shoots without upgrades get it. I did and am very happy to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    ^^^ BCL did put a few out with a stainless barrel.
    Good to know, thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yabsdabs View Post
    Got my gen2 from SFRC on the march madness sale. I only have about 200 rounds or so down her tube. She spits (extracts) just fine and produces MOA at 100yrds. (With handloads). However It is hard to tell the difference between gens here. If you want a stock .308 semi for cheap that shoots without upgrades get it. I did and am very happy to say the least!
    Wicked!! Happy to hear you haven't experienced any FTE problems. I know a lot of people online have been saying that has been an issue.
    Is it hard to find accessories for the BCL? Maybe this is just my ignorance but I feel like most AR type acc. would possibly work? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabsdabs View Post
    I really liked the bcl so I'm glad to hear yours is functioning well. I went with the stag just to avoid the headaches that I was reading about. I really want to support a canadian company though. Hopefully all the kinks are worked out this time around...

CGN Regular
    SFRC in Harrowsmith, Ontario has lots of the BCL brand accessories like gas rings, crush washers, extractor sets you may have to call as they are not listed on their website but they have lots of it. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind taking an order on the phone. As for after market accessories I believe it is a mix of milspec and DPMS parts. You may have to check online which parts are compatible with what system. Either way I love mine 300 rounds down it now with a bunch of failure to eject in the first little bit but then I just replaced the gas rings lubed it super well and it shoots 1” groups at 100 yards all day with a 1-8x32mm. I’ll always choose to support a Canadian company if I can. This was a good find. It’s Gen 2 by the way.

I can't say it was flawless. I did have 2 FTE within my first 100 rounds. However. I purchased the cheap federal non typical 150gr SP's and found 2 casings when I went to reload that were grossly overstretched I'd say. They were around 2.60" in length. Which to my assumption could have led to the failure. Yes I even measured and tested all 20 rounds of 168gr Barnaul Sp she chewed through. None measured to that length greatest being 2.20". Also I'm shooting with a vortex diamondback 6-24 ffp.

BANNED
    I had a gen 1 when it was NEA, no problems, I now have a gen 3, again, no problems. 100% reliability in my experience. Total through both is about 700rds. I seem to magically miss all of these lemons people talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Should I upgrade my extractor on my gen ll even though I haven't had any ejection issues?
    I replaced the beveled ejector and spring to a flat face ejector from Brownells, cured the ejection problems. Also to note that if you purchase XCR-M pistol mags modifications to the rear of the mag will need to be performed, for smooth bolt travel..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast