Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DAS Drops Legal Expense Coverage

Expired Business Member

DAS Drops Legal Expense Coverage

Hi All,

We’ve been informed by DAS that they have pulled out of offering legal expense and legal advice coverage from gun owners in Canada. We were advised directly from DAS that “ it’s no longer a class of business we wish to continue to insure”. Fortunately this will have no impact on Firearm Legal defence Defence as the program changed underwriters a couple of years ago. We have used DAS for some commercial coverages however we’re happy to say this will have no impact as a new coverage will replace it.

UPDATE - If you’ve been impacted by DAS no longer offering renewals please give us a call and we can make sure you stay protected with a Firearm Legal Defence policy. You’ll also benefit from the higher limits, broader coverage and lower price that Firearm Legal Defence has to offer. Firearms association members are eligible for discounts so don’t forget to mention what association you’re a member of to get your discount.

Contact Info:
    Zach Schwingenschloegl
    zschwing@capricmw.ca
    Last edited by Capri Insurance; 11-22-2019 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Adding Info

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    Why are you spreading misinformation? DAS’s parent company has a social policy. DAS isn’t cancelling anyone, they aren’t interested in new brokers. Be careful what you preach though, I hear Sterlon isn’t too happy with you either....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuc82 View Post
    Why are you spreading misinformation? DAS’s parent company has a social policy. DAS isn’t cancelling anyone, they aren’t interested in new brokers. Be careful what you preach though, I hear Sterlon isn’t too happy with you either....
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Hi All,

We’ve been informed by DAS that they have pulled out of offering legal expense and legal advice coverage from gun owners in Canada. We were advised directly from DAS that “ it’s no longer a class of business we wish to continue to ensure”. Fortunately this will have minimal impact on Firearm Legal defence Defence as the program changed underwriters a couple of years ago. We have used DAS for some commercial coverages however we’re happy to say this will have no impact as a new coverage will replace it.

Should anyone have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.

Regards,
    Zach
    They wish to no longer ensure that class of business, or they no longer wish to insure that class of business?

not sure how that is misinformation. And how anyone can talk #### at the guy for keeping the people informed of the scenario. If more business and government did that we wouldnt be where we are now!
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN403 View Post
    not sure how that is misinformation. And how anyone can talk #### at the guy for keeping the people informed of the scenario. If more business and government did that we wouldnt be where we are now!
    So, then you are not able to understand the difference between what is real and what is bull####?
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

It appears underwriter I see on my policy is Lloyd's, so I should not feel any concerns... Correct...?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ponymusic View Post
    They wish to no longer ensure that class of business, or they no longer wish to insure that class of business?
    Thanks! Fixed it.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuc82 View Post
    Sorry that this relaying of information has offended you, please don't shoot the messenger. DAS has advised us that they will no longer be taking on any firearms related business and that we must find a new home for any firearms business we insure with them. I would recommend talking to your current insurance broker for additional information on how this may impact you personally. Definitely frustrating to see another insurance company getting away from firearms for no good reason.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What do you guys offer for ATV insurance..liability only.
    It was pointed out to me that the BCWF insurance is not much of anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast