Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Im sorry if this has been asked before. I just got my restricted licence. I was curious before buying my first pistal if there was a safe legal spot to store it besides my own home/apartmemt?

Ie like a gun club that offers space to store weponds in a safe.

how about one of those public storage places - maybe rent a locker

The short answer is no. The long answer is transfer it to a friend with an Rpal and go shooting with them. I've heard rumors of local gunshops holding them, and the CFO hinted at other options but didn't give a concrete answer... Not much else to say about it, really. Maybe another nut will have an idea.

Thanks all so far for replying. Ill keep checking to see if anyone else has any other ideas.

On the side note. Know anyone in the peel area besides a gun smith to check on a old 22 riffle. I got it off my dad and i want to make sure its safe to operate as its been in storage for years.

Quote Originally Posted by kingult View Post
    The short answer is no. The long answer is transfer it to a friend with an Rpal and go shooting with them. I've heard rumors of local gunshops holding them, and the CFO hinted at other options but didn't give a concrete answer... Not much else to say about it, really. Maybe another nut will have an idea.
    i dont think you have to transfer ownership to your friend, but you can change the address of your PAL.

as for OP, take a look at safes. even stack ons or drawer safes gives much more sense of security. you can get small ones for pretty cheap these days.

Super Moderator
    Find a business licenced to store restricted firearms with an attached range.

CGN frequent flyer
    Yeah depending on where you are some ranges store firearms. Some of the ranges where I am will store up to two for a member for free.

My course instructor started a storage business. Check out www_firearmstorage_ca Not sure of everything involved or costs.

CGN Regular
    Why not just store it at home?

Akaksks
    Last edited by jdmaks; 06-28-2019 at 11:59 AM.