Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gunbroker and IRUNGUNS working together to open the borders for Canadians

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    I Think it would shipped to IRUNGUNS in the USA , who would then subsequently import it to Canada on your behalf ??
    Good point. Some users have said some sellers are reluctant to sell to Canadians. I wonder why that is if this is the case. Can someone with experience chime in?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    Gun broker won't let me register because I have a Canadian address.

Lack of information from IRG

Quote Originally Posted by masterYo View Post
    looks like the link from the first page does not have any information how to register and deal with a gunbroker
    finding the same thing

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SigWig View Post
    Gun broker won't let me register because I have a Canadian address.

Lack of information from IRG
    Quote Originally Posted by SigWig View Post
    finding the same thing

You have to contact GunBroker yourself.

Personally, if I had to do it again, I would just put the mailing address of the exporter you are going to use. Then, speak with individual sellers to let them know you are a buyer from Canada.
    Il messanger non è importante

Ok, do you have the address of IRunGuns?

This is at the bottom of their website:

irunguns.com

Contact
    Please call for address
    Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
    US Office: 1-928-505-6794
    Canadian Office: 1-780-449-7220

Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm MST

I've done this a few times. Its very easy. Setup the account on GunBroker. You will probably have to email support and tell them that you are Canadian and using IRUNGUNS with an FFL in AZ. Once that's done, just buy the thing you want as normal (As long as you know for 100% that you can bring that specific model into Canada you are fine). As for the not wanting to sell to Canadians; they just don't want to deal with a possible added hassle of an international sale. Explain to them that the firearm is going to the FFL in AZ, and it shouldn't matter to them after that. IRUNGUNS will send it to you once all the paperwork and waiting period is over. I got something through this method that doesn't get imported to Canada very often and is priced higher than it should be once it is here. I did mine before COVID though.. so I am not sure how the process has been affected. 4 Thumbs up for IRUNGUNS and their staff.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by IIIQBIII View Post
    I've done this a few times. Its very easy. Setup the account on GunBroker. You will probably have to email support and tell them that you are Canadian and using IRUNGUNS with an FFL in AZ. Once that's done, just buy the thing you want as normal (As long as you know for 100% that you can bring that specific model into Canada you are fine). As for the not wanting to sell to Canadians; they just don't want to deal with a possible added hassle of an international sale. Explain to them that the firearm is going to the FFL in AZ, and it shouldn't matter to them after that. IRUNGUNS will send it to you once all the paperwork and waiting period is over. I got something through this method that doesn't get imported to Canada very often and is priced higher than it should be once it is here. I did mine before COVID though.. so I am not sure how the process has been affected. 4 Thumbs up for IRUNGUNS and their staff.
    And you could still get some seller unwilling to sell to a Canadian for one reason or another. Some just plainly dont like Canadians. Ask me how I know.
    Il messanger non è importante

Milton Ontario Canada / Cottonwood Arizona
    I use Gun Broker a lot, the bottom line is that you have to have a US Bank account with quick access for a US Postal Money Order as payment due to
    sellers wanting there payment within 7 days, next to imposable from Canada by mail as they don't do EMT'S down here, there are also lots of bidding wars
    as you are competing with thousands of other byers. It is very helpful to have someone to go between for the purchase and forward to IRG US
    to IRG in Canada. I do this with up front deposit payment in CDN funds with a small handling fee that is all spelled out at the start of any transaction.
    Understand that the Canadian dollar is always weak between 1.30 cdn - 1.40 cdn and there is shipping / handling FFL fee along with all purchases.
    I like IRG and have used them for years when i lived in Canada with great service but i had a friend in Oklahoma to bid and purchase the item i needed
    now that i have duel citizenship and spend time living in Arizona it is very easy for me to get great deals on items and ship to Canada.

I used Gun Broker, pretty good services throughout.
    Last edited by Jay; 01-12-2021 at 07:35 AM.