Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gunbroker and IRUNGUNS working together to open the borders for Canadians

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAC View Post
    ^ Shouldn't matter to the US seller. They have to ship to an FFL anyway, so they won't notice a difference.
    That's what you think but if that was so how come some of them refuse to sell to a Canadian??? Some do it out of spite. One seller cited issues with CCs. Some only take US Postal money orders or certified cheques and you have to convince them to take your bank draft in US dollars even though they are not losing anything if it doesnt go through.

Btw, it is GB policy that unless you are in US you have to inform the seller of your intent to ship internationally. It's a poorly worded policy because it doesnt take into account the fact that all legal firearm sales have to go through an FFL dealer regardless.

As it is right now, the whole process of buying a firearm off GB is bumpy.
    Last edited by mistero; 04-06-2019 at 12:47 AM.
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Can you import my valmet to the US if a buyer is found?
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Guess the SVT40s and SKS's still stay in Canada.....darn sanctions....

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    That's what you think but if that was so how come some of them refuse to sell to a Canadian??? Some do it out of spite. One seller cited issues with CCs. Some only take US Postal money orders or certified cheques and you have to convince them to take your bank draft in US dollars even though they are not losing anything if it doesnt go through.

Btw, it is GB policy that unless you are in US you have to inform the seller of your intent to ship internationally. It's a poorly worded policy because it doesnt take into account the fact that all legal firearm sales have to go through an FFL dealer regardless.

As it is right now, the whole process of buying a firearm off GB is bumpy.
    This has unfortunately also been my experience as a Canadian Gunbroker buyer. I have purchased and imported 3 firearms as well as ITAR accessories and eveŕy time the Canadian credit card (Royal Bank Visa) is a no go with the seller despite being "certified" by GB itself. Postal Money Orders in USD have been an acceptable form of payment - slow but reliable. Use of 3rd Party Importers to broker the items across the border has been similarly slow but reliable, typicaĺly taking two months depending on how close to the monthly cut-off your order is placed.

Anything that IRG can do to facilitate Canadian Credit Card payment for Gunbroker purchases would be most welcome.
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    Would it not be easier to simply pay IRG for whatever gun is eligible for legal purchase listed on gunbroker and have them "buy" it and then transfer to the customer?...or is there a legal or other reason why it has to be done the current way?

Excellent thank you very much!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    This has unfortunately also been my experience as a Canadian Gunbroker buyer. I have purchased and imported 3 firearms as well as ITAR accessories and eveŕy time the Canadian credit card (Royal Bank Visa) is a no go with the seller despite being "certified" by GB itself. Postal Money Orders in USD have been an acceptable form of payment - slow but reliable. Use of 3rd Party Importers to broker the items across the border has been similarly slow but reliable, typicaĺly taking two months depending on how close to the monthly cut-off your order is placed.

Anything that IRG can do to facilitate Canadian Credit Card payment for Gunbroker purchases would be most welcome.
    RBC exists as RBC Bank in the US as well. They can setup an US-based Visa and bank account for you. Wondering if that might help.

That does help, every financial institution has a counter part in the US, look at the address on your next US draft. Most sellers are worried about internet scams and don't want to be inconvenienced. As well the term draft is not common in the US, most sellers don't know what it is.

If your seller is on the fence ask them nicely to go to http://irunguns.rocks
    Or contact us directly at 1-855-RUN-GUNS. It's amazing what a short conversation on the phone can accomplish. We receive lots of phone calls about selling to Canadians, make sure to give the seller your email or name, we will vouch for you if we have worked with you before.

There will always be someone who's not interested but given there's over a million listings at any given time I'm sure you'll be successful.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    Would it not be easier to simply pay IRG for whatever gun is eligible for legal purchase listed on gunbroker and have them "buy" it and then transfer to the customer?...or is there a legal or other reason why it has to be done the current way?
    Being able to pay directly to a Canadian Source so that a US seller has payment issued to them directly from a US source is an excellent idea.

There has to be a way that this can work.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

BANNED
    Damn I shouldn't even look because it'll cost me.... lol