CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Stag PCC?

  1. #21
    CGN Regular Karnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    No different than all other PCCs.

    Beretta CX4 Storm was originally restricted, but only because of barrel length. Then they came out with an 18.5” barrel that was non-restricted.

    CZ Scorpion Evo 3, same thing. Only restricted because of barrel length, and NR with a longer barrel.

    Sig is the same story. Either they come out with their own variant, or you have a new barrel put on and the length measured by a qualified gumsmith, and your firearm will become NR.
    I thought the MPX was an AR "variant". Damn, I'm gonna hafta get one now. I already own a few non-res pcc's.

  2. #22
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ottawa Valley <-> Cody, WY
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    I thought the MPX was an AR "variant". Damn, I'm gonna hafta get one now. I already own a few non-res pcc's.
    You are welcome. Tell SIG they owe me a cut :P

  3. #23
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Sinasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At The End Of The World
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    The rcmp lab can easily convert CZ 858 and Swiss Arms rifles to fully automatic with common tools...
    Same with the SCAR, easily converted to auto when you can buy a full auto trigger control pack from FN who does not sell that to civies...

  4. #24
    CGN Regular 90vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Range
    Posts
    345
    Stag said, they may consider making a barrel for the Canadian market. However price is estimated at $1500-1700 usd
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

  5. #25
    CGN Regular tranman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    No different than all other PCCs.

    Beretta CX4 Storm was originally restricted, but only because of barrel length. Then they came out with an 18.5” barrel that was non-restricted.

    CZ Scorpion Evo 3, same thing. Only restricted because of barrel length, and NR with a longer barrel.

    Sig is the same story. Either they come out with their own variant, or you have a new barrel put on and the length measured by a qualified gumsmith, and your firearm will become NR.

    If that were true with the mpx, why hasn’t anyone been selling them rebarreled and NR like the scorpion?

    Seems fairly easy for any competent gunsmith to do.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QBe684435eE
    Last edited by tranman; 04-15-2019 at 09:56 AM.

  6. #26
    CGN Regular Jest4phun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by tranman View Post
    If that were true with the mpx, why hasn’t anyone been selling them rebarreled and NR like the scorpion?

    Seems fairly easy for any competent gunsmith to do.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QBe684435eE
    I assume as with everything is cost, as the mpx alone is pretty much double the cost of the scorpion and the average consumer likely will go for just as good scorpion to an mpx. Add on That mindset their likely going to sell more units of the scorpion so they produce as many of these non restricted barrels also on YouTube on some comparisons videos you have to admire a cz scorpion fully field stripped to only 4 parts while the mpx fully field stripped ends at 13 parts per instructions I’ll link a vid if anyone wants to see.
    You could ask Dlask to make you a Barrel too but the mpx I think is one of the most expensive 9mm plinkers already without the barrel its still more expensive than a x95 in 9mm and I consider that expensive already, not saying a sig won’t sell but from a factory’s stand point I dunno if they would see it as worth it for such a small market. Hopefully stag doesn’t see such a small market
    Last edited by Jest4phun; 04-15-2019 at 12:15 PM.

  7. #27
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ottawa Valley <-> Cody, WY
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by tranman View Post
    If that were true with the mpx, why hasnít anyone been selling them rebarreled and NR like the scorpion?

    Seems fairly easy for any competent gunsmith to do.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QBe684435eE
    It should come eventually, until then you have to rebarrel on your own dime

    Report and discussion here https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1585823-Non-restricted-MPX-**Range-report-and-pics**

  8. #28
    Business Member Rep. ARMS EAST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    100
    US MSRP is $1500. Thats ~$2000 CAD.

    www.armseast.ca Toll Free 1-844-579-0007 EMAIL info@armseast.com

  9. #29
    GunNutz ryan_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Grande Prairie, AB
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by ARMS EAST View Post
    US MSRP is $1500. Thats ~$2000 CAD.
    I would pick up a NR version for that price! Lets make it happen!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •