Thread: Versa Max Sportsman question...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar

Versa Max Sportsman question...

Hey guys~don't want to duplicate threads here on CGN, but I posted last night asking for insight on how to remove the front bead from a Sportsman barrel. Here is that thread; https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1857773-Versa-Max-(Sportsman)-White-Bead-removal-help!?p=15863471#post15863471 Got half way...can't figure out how to remove that sight base. If it is removeable..?

Wondering if one of your techs can answer the question and if it's an allen key that removes the sight base, exactly what size is required? None that I have work, metric or imperial.

Hope you guys will take the time to reply, here or via PM.

thanks!

PS~the shotgun is great...just need a bead I can see. (in other words, not white )

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Wonder if the VM tactical fibre sight would be the same threads, if so I’ve got a deal for you!
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN frequent flyer
    Maybe the screws are Torx type?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    SOLVED! Casey @ Tac Ord had zero issues removing that base the white bead screws into. That base itself is screwed in, he gripped it with a tool from the outside...and had it out in no time. Exactly the opposite of what Gravel told me. lol

Thanks Casey