Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Todays Hot deal! Ar 15 and 1000 count ammo !

Please advise when this deal comes around again. I will take one for sure... maybe even 2..!

Glad I picked this up. Didn’t need the AR that bad but I was low on ammo so why not. I’ll try and sell to one of my friends for a good deal and get 1 more AR owner out there!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by demopeng View Post
    May be a silly question, but would it be possible to eventually disassemble this and use these parts to build a NR Modern Sporter?
    Its a pain to do though..... And your not getting anything special lol

Yep that was a good deal - don't have an AR but would have bought one with ammo for that price! I never seem to see these until after the fact but don't do Facebook or any of that stuff just try to check the forums daily. Maybe next year!
    ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING
    MOST OF MY MONEY I SPENT ON WOMEN AND GUNS - THE REST I JUST WASTED!

Quote Originally Posted by demopeng View Post
    May be a silly question, but would it be possible to eventually disassemble this and use these parts to build a NR Modern Sporter?
    Yes you would be able to. Someone earlier in the thread thought it was silly, but personally I think it is a clever idea. The problem with building ARs is that on the low end they are much like building PCs (on the lower end) unless you're able to watch the used marketplace for parts it is typically not worth it. Parting out a rifle from retail or milspec retail equivalent parts would cost more than M & P Sporter assuming that the Sporter is 600 in this equation and the ammo is 400. In addition, the selection of parts in Canada is a fraction of what it is in the US, the prices in Canada are typically 10 - 20% due to importing complications and mark-up and finally shipping is internally in the US is super cheap because of USPS while here most vendors charge $15 - $20. Now that may not seem like a lot, but it quickly adds up if you're making purchases from multiple vendors.

While the parts in the M & P Sporter aren't "match-grade" or "competition ready" they are completely sufficient for most use cases. In fact, I would go as far as to say the M & P Sporter is probably the best low end AR readily available in Canada.

If you're new to building ARs you'll need a vise, armourers wrench, barrel nut grease and maybe a new barrel nut if you damage the existing one while removing it.

In addition, you could always sell the M & P bare receiver set to recoup some of the costs and make it that much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeclub View Post
    Yes you would be able to. Someone earlier in the thread thought it was silly, but personally I think it is a clever idea. The problem with building ARs is that on the low end they are much like building PCs (on the lower end) unless you're able to watch the used marketplace for parts it is typically not worth it. Parting out a rifle from retail or milspec retail equivalent parts would cost more than M & P Sporter assuming that the Sporter is 600 in this equation and the ammo is 400. In addition, the selection of parts in Canada is a fraction of what it is in the US, the prices in Canada are typically 10 - 20% due to importing complications and mark-up and finally shipping is internally in the US is super cheap because of USPS while here most vendors charge $15 - $20. Now that may not seem like a lot, but it quickly adds up if you're making purchases from multiple vendors.

While the parts in the M & P Sporter aren't "match-grade" or "competition ready" they are completely sufficient for most use cases. In fact, I would go as far as to say the M & P Sporter is probably the best low end AR readily available in Canada.

If you're new to building ARs you'll need a vise, armourers wrench, barrel nut grease and maybe a new barrel nut if you damage the existing one while removing it.

In addition, you could always sell the M & P bare receiver set to recoup some of the costs and make it that much cheaper.
    To make you a porter NR you also cant use the the M&P barrel

CGN Regular
    Got mine in the mail today ! A pound of Black Rifle coffee and a Jo Brooks decal included in the deal. The deal that keeps on giving . You guys rock! Thanks again .

Nice!!! Can’t wait for mine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    All in means the rifle and the ammo are in the same box. Duh.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Palease put this on again, what a great way for everyone with an rpal to own an AR-15!!!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast