Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 81 Percent of the Responses Said No Gun Ban

MSM: To concerned Canadians, anti gun groups came in second, while the pro gun lobby came in next to last.

It is time to identify the most anti gun media, and target their advertisers. Anti gun = anti profits. Write letters, send emails, boycott products and service providers, and hammer that point home. Once in a long time we get to vote for a politician, the rest of the time, we vote with our wallets.

CGN frequent flyer
    Revise firearms classification: Three stakeholders (representing government, victims and research/academia)
    provided clear suggestions for revising firearms classification, which included:
    o “Automatically, but temporarily” classify all new firearms as prohibited until properly classified
    o Change all non-restricted semi-automatic firearms to restricted; and
    o Ban all restricted firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalseProphet View Post
    The pessimist in me says they're going to disregard the results of that survey, citing that the votes were manipulated...like by that guy who admitted to scripting over 20,000 votes.
    Would’ve been a slam dunk, but now the antis will always be able to seed some doubt as to the accuracy of the results...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Greazyjungle View Post
    Would’ve been a slam dunk, but now the antis will always be able to seed some doubt as to the accuracy of the results...
    I can't believe they left it so open to manipulation by accident.

Lol, if it was 51% against and 50% for, Blair would have said there's overwhelming evidence that Canadians want a hand gun ban!

130k is not bad in a community of 2 million. I'd love to see that way higher but it's more noise than gun owners have made in the past. Had it been 20k, we'd be in #### now.

There is still ONE guy who wants it. He will call this use of statistics a lie, throw a hissy fit and demand his way!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    You are absolutely correct, the trend is there for everyone to see. If they want to look: h ttps://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11-630-x/11-630-x2015004-eng.htm

If your generation (I'm making an assumption here) wants to keep the guns we have or will have after this round with the Liberals is over, then you may want to change from relying totally on the tools of the past. I do not call this success: ht tp://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/pol-leg/hist/con-eng.htm timelines are shifted but there's a rough correlation between the two links and the end impact on us. And here's what we did 25 years ago to stop the trend: ht tps://www.producer.com/1998/09/antigun-control-movement-plans-parliament-hill-rally/

Up to you to carry the torch - here's a starting point: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ism-is-welcome
    This is real progress for you. Just include a link to your manifesto. Great way distract us all.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunzik View Post
    MSM: To concerned Canadians, anti gun groups came in second, while the pro gun lobby came in next to last.

It is time to identify the most anti gun media, and target their advertisers. Anti gun = anti profits. Write letters, send emails, boycott products and service providers, and hammer that point home. Once in a long time we get to vote for a politician, the rest of the time, we vote with our wallets.
    Good point, I missed that in my suggested plan so if it's ok with you I'll add it to "activism".
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Penguin View Post
    130k is not bad in a community of 2 million. I'd love to see that way higher but it's more noise than gun owners have made in the past. Had it been 20k, we'd be in #### now.
    Twenty thousand took time off work, travelled to Ottawa on their own dime and confronted the politicians.

Maybe it din't stop Bill C-68 but I'd be surprised if we could muster 10K now to make a physical presence?

Twenty-five years ago we did the best that we could with what we had. Problem is we should have done better this time in the internet age and our message should be more in tune with the times.

Those who are clinging to the past are going to be our downfall.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf