Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition and Letter Writing

Petition and Letter Writing

Most people are aware that there are multiple letter writing and petition going on, you may have already seen multiple threads here at CGN.

In my opinion, the firearms platform of the Liberals is driven by their typical desire to virtue signalling, targeting the core supporters who vote, donate and do campaign work for them in the cities and certain suburbs. It is not about logic and solving with real life issue. It is a "payment" to a segment of their core supporters

The only threat to their agenda is a failure that will cost them more than they will gain. A failure in their agenda means they are unable to achieve what they set up to do. If their desire is to remove or limit the usage of certain firearms, a failure will mean they cannot retrieve the firearms they wish to remove from the population or they are unable to limit their usage. The social cost will be a large number of firearms unaccounted for.

In the grand equation of going forwards with a certain plan, it is a balance of weighting the benefit of success with the cost and chance of failure. Currently, there seems to be an assumption by those in power there are zero chance of failure and zero political cost.

I look at this thread and I think letter writing is a great way to toll up the sentiment of the population:

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...s-and-The-CCFR

If you are writing a letter to those who have influences over any decisions, it is in my personal opinion it is important to make them aware of the uncomfortable truth of the chance and cost of failure. The truth is that non-compliance means failure, and the confiscation, even in a timid country like New Zealand, has demonstrated a high rate of non-compliance.

Is the desire of virtue signalling worth the cost of wide spread discontent? This is something decision makers use to make calculations, and something your letter can remind them of.

Also see the petition thread:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...irearms-Agenda
    Last edited by greentips; 01-09-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

I like the idea. I’ll also use that argument in everyday conversations.

CGN Regular
    I was wondering what happens if someone were to lose a restricted firearm? Has this happened to anyone? What is the process?

CGN Regular
    ^^^^^and i’m asking for a friend...

Just a heads up it seems you linked to Wolverine Supplies entire sponsor forum rather than the letter writing post.

Link to letter writing campaign:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...s-and-The-CCFR

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I was wondering what happens if someone were to lose a restricted firearm? Has this happened to anyone? What is the process?
    It has happened, and it WILL happen ALOT more!

The process is painless, make police report, call CFO , big deal, "hope" its recovered and not used in a crime

( just like no AR ever has been in the history of Canada)
    Last edited by Ironheart; 01-09-2020 at 03:39 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    not used in a crime

( just like no AR ever has been in the history of Canada)
    That is factually incorrect.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    That is factually incorrect.
    Well we all know of 1 case where a stolen AR was used in a crime, one is basically none

Other good points:

-The thousands of jobs associated with the firearms industry that will cease to exist if this comes to pass.

- All the money that is being put into firearms by law-abiding private citizens.

- The tax dollars that could be used for hospitals, green initiatives, repairing roads, improving schooling, etc. is instead being used to buy back lawfully acquired firearms.

- All firearms in Canada were already vetted and deemed safe for civilian sale by the RCMP lab, the supposed expert authority on the matter.

- AR15s are used for sport and competition shooting, and AR10s are now used in hunting. They are not unnecessary, they have a safe and legal purpose within Canada.

- The AR15 is not the most dangerous firearm in the world, it is simply the most common one with the widest variety of after market parts and customization options. It is the Honda Civic of firearms, and is LEGO for adults, that is all.

Link to the website that has all the Members of Parliament (including Bill Blair and Justin Trudeau) for the mailing of free letters:
    https://openparliament.ca/politicians/

Non-compliance has been a major talking point in my conversations as well as written correspondance for quite some time. It is a very valid and powerful tool at our disposal. I have always believed that the Liberals did not want to visit the LGR again as they had gathered data to suggest that the number of guns actully registered the first time around were far below the number of long guns owned by Canadians. Real world data of non-compliance with respect to Bill C-68 may or may not be available in true to life numbers, but I will bet the farm on the fact that there is enough information to show that non-compliance was the main reason it was truly a FAILURE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast