Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 81 Percent of the Responses Said No Gun Ban

Great Job CGN. Let's continue to brass it out!
    CCFR & CSSA Member.

Letters sent.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I see that over 100,000 gun owners did the survey but only 768 people spent the extra 15 minutes to write an email.

We need to do better people!
    Only three responded. Looks like most don't care what we think.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    That's always been my peeve with the gun orgs (especially the CSSA). Don't tell me, I know. You need to reach out to the 90+% of Canadians that know nothing about the issue.
    Media outlets are under no obligation to print anything they don't want to. All the orgs send in media releases but in most cases they don't get printed. When was the last time you saw the Toronto Star run a CSSA or CCFR media release?

No matter what the result is, we again learn from this survey that: our voices will not be heard if we keep silence.
    Make some noise, the more the better. Go and vote for Conservatives to make sure the Liberals are flushed out. Don't just sit in your home when others are out to vote!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    Good luck with that
    We'll have better luck if we try than if we don't try. Same as anything in life.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

Quote Originally Posted by boltaction View Post
    I think they are waiting until after the election. They know they are in trouble with SNC Lavalin and are waiting to see what happens in the AB election. They know that a big ban now might buy some votes in TO but I suspect they are just biding their time. You can bet the legislation is written, sitting in JT's desk drawer next to his legal cannabis supply. The day after the next election, if it is another Liberal majority, that legislation will be put forward and bans will be in place by year's end.

Ed
    Bullseye, Ed... the Liberal's silence now will be heard thru their election campaign... coming soon. Spread the word and ""VOTE CONSERVATIVE"", people...
    Enforce Your Rights or Live Without...
    CAPRI; CCFR; CSSA

I really want to hammer the point here.

There was pessimism when the consultation came out. Some people lamented "it won't make a difference" and indirectly promoted "inaction" and "indifference".

Imagine your boss keeps telling you your work doesn't make a difference and the company is doomed - do you think your company will be successful and you will have a bright future with this company?

Participation DOES make a difference. Politics NEVER ends. It is a CONTINUOUS process.

The result of this consultation shows that participation does make a difference. Everyone needs to "believe" to have a chance to win, to get results.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Well put, Greentips. Hope's an important component of any movement. Without it, why bother?

I tire of the endless "it doesn't matter, nothing's gonna change, might as well start digging holes, Mike in Canmore" talk around here. This is a potentially bright light. The public has spoken, and that's a significant thing. It remains to be seen what will be done with this by PM Hair and Teeth and his cabinet, but they've been sent a clear message that this isn't something 81 percent of voters want. They're a lot of things, but politically suicidal isn't on that list.

Note please that 81% of respondents will include people who support the LPC and NDP, maybe even the humble old Greens. Might be time to start being a little more "big tent" around here. Voting CPC isn't the only tool we have politically. Perhaps if we were such consistent dicks to anyone who disagrees with us on other issues, we might build some useful support in the other parties. Once that happens, we'll be free to fight the other parties on issues other than firearms regulation...
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

CGN Regular
    Great news for now - but consider that they will only not follow through because they can't afford to lose any more votes at the current moment.

We need to remain vigilant and not complacent to those who want to infringe on our hobby, they will be relentless as common sense will never resonate with a lefty. There is no reasoning or debate to their irrefutable superior knowledge of the sport despite not even having a PAL license.

Heaven forbid if Liberals get another majority, or form some coalition with the NDP, then they will try again to ban firearms. I can guarantee that. Either that or they will hope for another tragedy that they can justify a knee jerk reaction to (i.e. NZ)

It's not easy to create a communist gov't when your subjects are armed and/or informed.

CGN frequent flyer chopperbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I really want to hammer the point here.

There was pessimism when the consultation came out. Some people lamented "it won't make a difference" and indirectly promoted "inaction" and "indifference".

Imagine your boss keeps telling you your work doesn't make a difference and the company is doomed - do you think your company will be successful and you will have a bright future with this company?

Participation DOES make a difference. Politics NEVER ends. It is a CONTINUOUS process.

The result of this consultation shows that participation does make a difference. Everyone needs to "believe" to have a chance to win, to get results.
    Right on greentips. The amount of apathy and cynicism with regards to this important battle, is dumbfounding?